Thanksgiving Dorm Room Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s time to get good use out of those micro-fridges for this holiday season! Believe it or not, you can transform your dorm room into a kitchen with these Thanksgiving recipes.

One of the best parts of Thanksgiving is the desserts but without an oven it’s hard to pull-of any kind of dessert. If you have a bowl, two mugs, a whisk and a ride to Stop N’ Shop, you’re in luck!

Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Cakes

By Annalise Sandberg

Ingredients

2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled

1 egg

3 tablespoons brewed espresso coffee or very strong coffee, room temperature

1 tablespoon canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)

1/4 cup sugar                                                                                  

1/3 cup Original Bisquick® mix

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Pinch of salt

Whipped cream (optional)

Ground cinnamon (optional)

Utensils

Bowl, Whisk, 2 mugs

Directions

1. In a bowl, beat melted butter, egg, espresso and pumpkin with a whisk. Add Bisquik, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix ingredients until batter is lumpy.

2. Split batter between mugs, Microwave on high uncovered for two minutes. Let cool before enjoying. (Optional: Top with whip cream and cinnamon sugar).

Salads and sandwiches are two of the easiest meals to make in college. This November you can combine cheap, easy and Thanksgiving with a salad and sandwich.

Cranberry Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich

by Butterball

Ingredients

2 slices of wheat bread

2 tablespoons mayonnaise

1/4 cup shredded lettuce

4 ounce sliced deli turkey

2 tablespoons whole berry cranberry sauce

3-4 slices of green apple (optional)

Utensils

Knife

Directions

1. Spread mayonaise on each slice of bread.

2. Top with lettuce, cranberry sauce, turkey, green apple slices and remaining slice of bread.

Turkey Waldorf Salad

By Wes Martin

Ingredients

2 cups shredded leftover turkey meat (or deli turkey)

2 stalks celery, sliced

1/2 cup celery leaves, coarsely chopped, plus more whole leaves for garnish

1 crisp apple, such as Gala or Macintosh, cored and chopped

1 cup red seedless grapes, halved

1/2 cup pecans, toasted, and coarsely chopped

1/2 cup non-fat yogurt

2 tablespoons mayonnaise

1 teaspoon honey

1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed

1 small celery root, peeled and cut into matchsticks

Freshly ground black pepper

Utensils

2 bowls, Whisk

Directions:

In a large bowl, gently toss the turkey, celery, celery leaves, apple, grapes, and pecans until combined.

In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until well combined.

Put the celery root in a small bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the dressing, and toss to coat completely.

Add the remaining dressing to the turkey mixture, season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to evenly dress the salad.

To serve, spread the celery root evenly onto a serving platter, top with the dressed salad, garnish with celery leaves and serve immediately.