palm trees sunset pink sky fun adventure original
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus
Wellness

Sof’s Selections: Starting April off the Right Way!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Hello, and welcome to the first installment of my blog, “Sof’s Selections!” My name is Sofia, but my friends call me Sof for short. This will be a bi-weekly blog where I talk about basically everything I’ve watched, heard, made, bought or done that I enjoyed during the past two weeks! I am so excited to start this blog! Ok, enough with the introductions. Let’s get into it!

TV Show Of The Week: “Dynasty” (the remake)

“Dynasty” is one of those shows that is so bad that you absolutely can’t look away. It is full of action, drama and style. I have found that if I zone out for 10 minutes, I miss an entire storyline! The show stars Elizabeth Gillies of “Victorious” fame, and she does a killer job of playing the tough, mean boss. I have never seen the original “Dynasty,” but if it is anything like the remake, I will be sure to check it out! You can watch “Dynasty” on The CW or catch up on the first three seasons on Netflix.

Keeping A Schedule

Since I am currently a remote student, I have been trying to find ways to keep myself sane during this weird yet incredibly busy semester. I decided to buy a table calendar so I can pre-plan my weeks regarding my classes and extracurriculars. I must say, it certainly helped me visualize my next few months, and I would highly recommend this to anyone that likes to pre-plan. Even if something is just a week ahead, writing it down will undoubtedly help you destress. I went through all of my syllabuses (yay syllabus week) and color-coded each class, marking important dates, like tests, projects or finals. It helped me differentiate my SUPER busy weeks from my regular amount of busy weeks.

Recipe Of The Week: Viral Feta Cheese Pasta

My recipe of the week has been going viral on TikTok, and apparently, made Finland sell out of feta cheese. When I read that it did that and saw all of the TikToks about the recipe, I knew I had to try it. Let me tell you: it deserves ALL the hype. You do not need to be a culinary expert to follow this incredibly easy and delicious recipe!

INGREDIENTS: 

10 oz of pasta of your choosing

10 oz cherry tomatoes

Half a block of feta cheese or 4 oz

¼ cup of olive oil

¼ tsp black pepper

½ tsp oregano 

½ tsp dried parsley 

½ tsp salt

1 tsp balsamic vinegar 

1 and ½ tsp minced garlic

½ cup of whole milk ricotta

Salt and pepper to taste

Basil leaves to garnish (optional)

Baking Dish

HOW TO MAKE:

Add 10 oz of cherry tomatoes, a half-block of feta cheese, ¼ cup of olive oil, ¼ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp oregano, ½ tsp dried parsley, ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp balsamic vinegar to a baking dish.

Let bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes. Cook the pasta while baking. 

Once the 35 minutes is up, add the pasta, 1 and ½  tsp of minced garlic and ½ cup of ricotta whole milk into the baking dish and mix everything together.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

That concludes this week’s edition of Sof’s Selections! I hope you found some of these ideas and recommendations helpful. Maybe you’ll even try the recipe of the week! Have a wonderful week and don’t forget to smile!

Sofia Staub

Hofstra '24

Sofia Staub is a freshman at Hofstra University. She is studying Public Relations. She loves knitting, dogs and iced coffee.