Sarah Abuharaz 17′

Sarah Abuharaz

Year of graduation: 2017

Hometown: Flint, Michigan

Major: Public Relations

1. What drew you to Hofstra University?

I was in Michigan going to a school close to home, and I really felt like I wasn’t getting the right resources and opportunities for what I wanted to study which is Public Relations. So I started searching random schools and Hofstra’s school was one of the top that came up. I came and visited and I just fell in love, so here we are.

2. What clubs and orgs are you involved in on campus?

I am involved in PRSSA, I also joined the communications pre-professional fraternity Zeta Phi Eta last year, I do event management for that. I’ve also had a few internships. I’ve interned at a fashion start up company, and I’ve also interned at two fashion PR firms since my freshman year.

3. Do you feel that your internships have helped you with PR?

Yes, it’s true when people say try different kinds of internships pertaining to the field. What I learned is that I don’t like fashion as much as I thought I did. The industry isn’t what I imagined it to be. Through my internships I have realized  that I like more of the travel and tourism route then fashion. I still love fashion and I still think it’s an amazing part of PR but intern, intern, intern, until you figure out what you want to do.

4. Where do you see yourself after you graduate?

My dream is to do PR for the Disney parks, so hopefully when I graduate that happens. If not hopefully I can get a job in travel or tourism firm or a corporate company. That would be ideal for me.

Campus Celebrity editor Hofstra University