Style

Rain Jackets Under $50 You Need This April

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

We all know spring is here and the flowers are ready to bloom, but first we need a little rain. The rain is not going to be around forever, so why should we spend an arm and a leg on our outerwear? April showers bring May flowers and you need a sturdy rain coat to brave the storm, so here are some affordable options for stylish rain coats under that keep your budget under $50. 

PU Coated Hooded Rain Mac

A longline raincoat with plastic material offers a basic but edgy look and will always be in style. This raincoat in particular features fun striped strings that allow you to adjust the hood, supersized pockets that maximize storage space and a padded interior that keeps you comfy during the rainy season. This coat can be found on BooHoo.com in yellow and navy blue and is currently on sale for only $20 (regularly priced at $50).

Man modeling near stairwell
Tyler Johnson

The Amazon Raincoat

Poncho weather is the best weather because who doesn’t love having free range of all your extremeties and protection at the same time? This free flowing rain gear has a waterproof pocket that allows you to safely store your essentials away from the rain and a full-length zipper for optimal coverage. Amazon is selling this unique poncho with a myriad of patterns and color combinations for $21.98, a great deal if I do say so myself. 

Elodie Clear Neon Trim Trench Coat

Why does rain have to mean that you cant still showcase your outfit? This clear trench coat offers maximum style points with a neon green trim and a sassy drawstring waist. It is possible to be cute on a rainy day and Norstrom Rack made sure that you can save any look from getting soaked for just $42.97!

Molly Peach-Walking Through Greenery
Molly Peach / Her Campus

EZRUN Women’s Waterproof Hooded Rain Jacket Windbreaker Lightweight Packable Rain Coats

If you’re going to be out all day, but it’ll only be raining for part of the day, you definitely don’t want to be dragging your raincoat around. This packable raincoat has you covered. This rain jacket is packable, meaning that it can literally be folded into itself, becoming so small that you can tuck it away in your handbag until the showers actually start. It is lightweight and comes in simple base colors that can be paired with any outfit. Amazon is selling this rain jacket for $23.99!

Having the proper attire on is important for not only the preservation of your outfit but also essential for your health! These options offer a variety of affordable styles that will keep you dry all season long. Whether you are making a fashion statement or running errands in the rain, these four rain jackets will help you start your April off right.

Alori Council

Hofstra '22

I am a Hofstra University student working to earn a dual degree in Community Health and a Master's in Health Administration. I love volunteering and being the change that I wish to see in the world. I am a proud member of HerCampus Hofstra and I wholeheartedly stand by the quote "HerCampus, Our Canvas".