Profile: Priya Gupta ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Meet Priya! She is a junior marketing major, vice president of Hofstra American Marketing Association, and a member of Danceworks!

Name: Priya Gupta

Year: Junior

Majors/Minors: Marketing major with minors in dance and psychology

What are you involved with on campus?

I am currently vice president of Hofstra American Marketing Association (HAMA), treasurer of Teaching dance as art (T’DAA), a member of National Residence Hall Honorary and a member of Danceworks

Favorite inspirational quote?

I swear I have a new one every week but right now: “Easy lives make boring people”

Best class you’ve taken at Hofstra?

Legal studies when I was abroad in Germany with Professor Vogel. It was an amazing class, he is an amazing professor and it was very interesting to learn in another country. 

Most played song?

Vienna by Billy Joel forever.

Dream job?

A job where I wake up, want to go to work, feel passionate about and can travel with. I have yet to figure out what that is but I’ll find it. (Though I would not be opposed to being a marketing director at New York Times)

Favorite campus spot?

The basement of the library, I am never not there it is constant.

If you could win a lifetime supply of anything you choose, what would it be?

I feel like saying money isn’t appropriate so I’ll go with plane tickets to every country on this earth.

How do you cope with stress?

Mindfulness meditation, journaling, copious amounts of parks and recreation viewing, pasta, the gym and lots and lots of talking.

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.