This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Spring Break: a long-awaited and much needed time away from the stress of midterm exams, waking up for those dreaded 8 am’s, and listening to your floormate singing horribly in the shower during the wee hours of the morning. Spring break means sleeping in late into the afternoon, wiggling into your new bikini, and soaking up some sun to make you feel like summer is just around the corner. Thanks, Spring Break — we never wanted you to end!

But before we know it, it does. Here are all the feels we experience when Spring Break nears its end. 

When you realize just how many assignments you procrastinated and have left to complete before class starts.

One a take-home midterm, 359 pages of reading, and two essays. Send help.

When you remember you can’t take your pets back to your dorm with you.

You expect me to spend a week with Sprinkles and not want to sneak him into my suite?

When you realize there are no warm beaches within a reasonable distance of your campus.

Oh, beach blanket, I never want to leave you.

When you’re strapping up for that three-hundred-mile car ride back to school.

No one talk to me for the next fifty miles, please. 

No matter how great the break was, or how awful we feel that it’s over, one thing’s for sure— there’s always next year and summer will be here before we know it!