books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Motivational Mantras to Start the Semester Strong

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Now that syllabus week is over and everyone is starting to discover the library, I figured I would provide you with wise words for various situations you may encounter this semester. Remember to keep pushing, stay positive, maybe even get into meditation because school is hard but we’re all doing it together!

For when your professor decides that their class is your top priority.

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. – Aristotle

For when you and your bff get into a bit of a fight.

Forgiveness does not change the past but it does enlarge the future. – Paul Lewis Boese

For when you get a less than favorable grade.

The expert in anything was once a beginner. – Helen Hayes

For when you’re feeling down on your self-esteem and body image.

You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful. – Amy Bloom

For when your mental health is not at its peak.

If you worry about every little tiny criticism, you won’t get up in the morning. – Anna Wintour

For when you’re stressed on time with upcoming due dates.

Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt

For when you have the inevitable group assignments.

Be the lighthouse. In your light, others will become illuminated. – Gabby Bernstein

For when you honestly can’t remember how many hours you’ve been studying instead of sleeping.

It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela

For when your wallet and your lifestyle do not agree.

Luxury is a state of mind. – L ‘Wren Scott

Good luck with school and make sure to stay tuned in to Her Campus Hofstra for an array of positivity when you need it!

Hofstra '17 Hofstra Chapter Vice President (December '16 - December '17) From a young age Naledi has been obsessed with all things pop culture and entertainment. Through writing for Her Campus she has been able to reach a large audience of badass collegiate women who share her crazy passions as well. Beyond Her Campus Naledi is IN LOVE with Hofstra. Her favorite part? The school of comm for allowing her to branch out and get a real dip into the real world prior to graduating. Additionally Naledi is one of those classic people who studies abroad in the spring of 2016 and won't ever stop talking about it! Her best advice? Go and see the world kids and fall in love with your major like Ali and Noah from the Notebook fell in love with each other.