This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Minor: Political Science

What is your campus involvement?

On campus, I’m in WRHU, the school’s on-campus radio station and I’m in Phi Sigma Sigma Sorority. I also work for the Undergraduate Research magazine as an Editorial Assistant.

How do you juggle such time consuming extra curricula’s like Greek Life and the school’s radio station?

It’s definitely a big time commitment. Last semester I was even on e-board of my sorority and I held a position at the station; the Gone Country producer.  So, to balance my time, I had to set up a schedule and figure out when I had to be at the radio station and when I had to be at the radio station. I tried to divide my tasks up so I really stayed on track.

Where have you interned?

Yes, I’ve held four internships. Last semester I interned at Marie Claire and this semester I’m at Bustle.com, a brand new online magazine. So I’m writing for them as and Editorial Intern.

What do you think is the most invaluable lesson you’ve learned from the School of Communication?

I think you should take every opportunity that comes your way. You only get four years. [I’ve learned] to get involved in internships and the radio station, things like that, so that you can do what you can to get ahead now for when you get out of school.

A Boston girl living in New York, Sidney is a senior at Hofstra University double majoring in journalism and sociology. She's grown to love interviewing and feature writing after interning at  non-profits, Cosmopolitan Magazine, MTV News and the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC. She is the Campus Correspondent of HC Hofstra as well as an active member in the Hofstra Association of Black Journalists, Ed2010 Hofstra and the Society of Collegiate Journalists. She loves dancing with her on-campus team, Imani Dance Ensemble, and has an incurable addiction to shoes, Boston sports teams and Japanese barbeque. Follow Sidney on Twitter, @Sid_Madden!