Have Your Skin Shine This Fall Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

With the last few rays of sunshine from the summer season dwindling away, the leaves are starting to change, and we all know what that means- FALL IS ALMOST HERE!! As we start to pull out our scarves and jackets from the back of our closets, we get ready to completely revamp ourselves into the perfect fall look and change up our skincare routine for the colder weather.

The hot temperatures of the summer give our skin acne breakouts, clogged pores, and so much more. Here are some tips to repair your skin and take care of it throughout the fall.

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash.com

Switch to gentler and more hydrating skin products

As someone who has been notoriously known for having dry skin in the past, trust me, just lotion doesn’t cut it. Using products that hydrate your skin keeps your skin looking happy and healthy, and keeps it from feeling itchy or blotchy from the change in season.

Try: Bliss Drench & Quench Moisturizer

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash.com

Resist taking hot showers

Trust me, while hot showers feel absolutely amazing after a long day of work, you want to try your hardest to resist them during the colder months. Hot showers will dry out your skin, and repel out any natural oils that are trying to help your body.

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash.com

Add Antioxidants to Your Routine

Antioxidants are an absolute must to help revitalize your skin after any damage it may have taken during the summer months. Whether it be a replenishing serum or simply adding antioxidants as a part of your nutrition, antioxidants will help make your skin feel great.

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash.com

Do a Face Mask

Face masks not only help people relax after a hard day but can overall just be great for your skin. No matter what skin type you have, there’s a face mask that can help replenish your skin to its natural glory.

My favorite is the Yes to Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Paper Mask, try it out!

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash.com

These tips will help your beauty shine like the star you are this fall season and trust me, your skin will thank you.