Fall Desserts You Can Make In Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Fall is here and winter is quickly approaching, along with cold temperatures and snow. This is the time of year when you’ll want to stay inside and never leave your dorm room; however, you still have to eat! Not the best cook? Here are a few options of some sweet fall foods anyone can make in their dorm room microwave. All the recipes have only a few ingredients that are bound to satisfy your sweet tooth. You’ll never have to leave your room for a late night snack after making these delicious desserts!

(Click on the food titles for recipes and don’t forget to use a microwave safe mug)

1.  Pumpkin Pie in a Mug:

When you think of fall, pumpkin is the first thing that comes to mind. Nowadays, almost everything has become pumpkin flavored. One classic fall dessert is pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite desserts, so I will definitely be trying this recipe soon. This is a quick seven minute recipe packed with fall flavors to brighten up those dreary rainy days.

2. Cinnamon-Roll in a Mug:

Cinnamon rolls are usually made for breakfast, but why not turn it into a delectable, and easy dessert? This cinnamon roll only takes three minutes to cook. The recipe uses applesauce to decrease the amount of oil, so it’s healthier and you will have some extra applesauce to eat. The smell of fresh cinnamon rolls baking may have others knocking on your dorm room door!

3. Microwave Sweet Potato:

Sweet potatoes are a tradition when it comes to a Thanksgiving meal. Making microwave sweet potatoes is a great start to get one into the fall holiday mood. Here’s the perfect recipe on how to make a baked sweet potato in one’s dorm room microwave in under seven minutes. This is a simple, straightforward recipe and once the potato is created, you can eat it plain, lather it with butter,or even melt some marshmallows on top just like Thanksgiving dinner!

4. Microwaved Baked Apples in a Bag:

Apples are the fruit of fall. Apple picking is right up there next to going to the pumpkin patch when it comes to fall activities. What can you do with all the extra apples? Here is a simple and tasty idea to use up your apples before they go bad. Apples in a bag may seem a little strange at first, but it is just like making an apple crisp without the crisp. This recipe only takes two minutes to cook in your microwave, so it’s a superb and easy snack! (use microwave safe zip-lock bags or you can make them in small glass Rubbermaid bowls)

5. Mug Apple Crumble:

Still have leftover apples? Why not make them into an apple crumble! Apple crumble is one of the tastiest desserts to make on a cold fall night. This recipe cooks for around eight minutes in the microwave and creates a delectable, mouth watering dessert. This tastes great with pears, as well!

6. Gingerbread Mug Cake:

Love gingerbread? Then this is the recipe for you! November is the beginning of the holiday excitement and a great time to try this recipe. All you need is a few minutes and you have an exceptional old-fashioned gingerbread cake. 

My name is Lauren Denker and I am part of the class of 2019 at Hofstra University. I have joined the HerCampus chapter at Hofstra University. I am majoring in Public Relations and hope to work in the television and film industry in the future!
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.