Christmas Treats to Make with the Family

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Christmas is the best time to bake, especially because you are going to be around your friends and family. Whether you are all in the kitchen baking together or making tasty treats to give as gifts, these sweets are sure to put a smile on someone’s face. Here are some adorable ideas to get you inspired to put on your apron this holiday season!

Peppermint Bark Candy Canes

How cute, right? These are so quick and easy to make, all you need is some chocolate and candy canes! Feel free to spice it up in any way you want or even use these as toppers on a cake or cupcake. The possibilities are endless!

Christmas Tree Brownies

These would be awesome treats to make with a child in your family (and they taste great too). Mix up some brownies and get your green frosting and sprinkles ready because these Christmas trees will be the best-looking sweets in your house!

Chocolate Covered Reindeer Marshmallows

I personally have never had chocolate covered marshmallows, but am eager to try them and this cute treat makes me want to jump on it! Covering anything in chocolate just makes it better.

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Of course—a classic for the holidays. The flavor combinations of salty pretzels with the chocolate coating brings this treat to a whole new level. This snack is so easy to make and perfect for adults and children alike.

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.