Celeb Spot: Carrie Underwood, More Moms Support Their Kids on the Soccer Field

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Carrie Underwood can now add a new job to her impressive list of accolades: a soccer mom. 

The 35-year-old country superstar recently posted a selfie from the field of her 3-year-old son Isaiah Michael’s soccer game.

“Officially a soccer mom this morning!” she exclaimed. She then followed with a quick advertisement for her fitness apparel clothing, CALIA by Carrie. Underwood demonstrated her unwavering support for her son, who she admitted scored a goal for the other team. “Hey, a goal’s a goal,” she finished. 

The “Love Wins” singer is not the only one who has been spotted on the side lines lately. Here are a few other celebrity soccer moms who have little ones on the soccer fields.

Reese Witherspoon 

Reese Witherspoon is a proud mom to Ava, 19, Deacon, 14, and Tennessee, 6. She was just witnessed rooting on her littlest one, Tennessee, on the field in Malibu, California, as reported by the Daily Mail

This is nothing new to the actress, as she was often seen attending soccer games with her ex-husband Ryan Phillippe for her middle child, Deacon, during his childhood. 

Kate Hudson

Kate Hudson, mother to newborn girl Rani, was seen supporting her middle child, Bingham, 7, during the weeks leading up to her due date, sporting flowy dresses similar to the style below. She is also mother to Ryder, 14. Rani was born Oct. 2 of this year, a few weeks after the below photo was posted.

Hilary Duff

It’s no surprise the Younger star’s son, Luca, 6, is into sports. He is the son of retired professional hockey player Mike Comrie, after all. The singer and actress doesn’t hold back on showing how close she is to Luca, documenting many of their adventures through Instagram videos. Another thing she has not been shy about is her disapproval of suffocating paparazzi who stalk her and her young son. 

In late September, just days before her 31st birthday, irritated Duff posted a video of her confronting a paparazzi that would not leave her alone. “This guy has been at my son’s soccer game this morning, then followed me to my sister’s house and was basically parked in her drive way to get photos,” she wrote. “I politely asked him to let me be and he continues to follow and stalk me down like prey for hours now.” At the time, she was nine months pregnant, and is due any day now. 

While brother-to-be Luca may get some athletic genes from his father, he may end up with the self-advocacy traits Duff has historically shown. 

Chip and Joanna Gaines

This dynamic duo deserves an honorable mention in the soccer parent category. Between their show Fixer Upper and social media, the parents of five have shown themselves countless times supporting their kids on baseball fields, soccer fields and more. Plus, they are avid sport-watchers themselves, and just brought their newborn to his first Baylor University football game last month.

This also serves as a reminder that celebrities are just like us—trucking kids to soccer games and all. It’s not easy being a parent in the spotlight, but these parents have seemingly made it work. 

Sara is a senior journalism student at Hofstra University who aspires to one day be on the red carpet giving you the latest on all things celebrity. She is a current NBC intern and co-host of her campus' news show, Hofstra Today. She is also a proud member of Phi Sigma Sigma sorority and Zeta Phi Eta, the Pre-Professional Fraternity in the Arts and Sciences of Communications. In her free time, she loves going to the beach, traveling, attending live performances and making memories with her friends and dogs. Follow her on Instagram: @sara__whit and on Twitter: @Sara_Whitman. She also has a travel blog at www.sarawhitmanythoughts.wordpress.com