kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

No one wants to stop tanning, but what happens when you get hungry on the beach? SNACK TIME! Here are some sweet and savory snacks you can have in your bag so you don’t have to worry about losing valuable tan time!

Fresh FruitNothing says summer than a bowl of fresh fruit. It is sweet and juicy, just what you want on a hot summer day. Put your favorite fruit on a skewer so you wont get any sand on that juicy goodness! 

HummusThe best dip there is! It goes with everything and it keeps you full. Bring a bag of pita chips or fresh veggies and you are good to go.

SandwichesThere are so many kinds you can make. You can go classic with peanut butter and jelly, or you can try something new like a pepper and egg sandwich. Just make sure the seagulls don’t get them!

Snack MixYou can get your culinary skills moving with this and make your own. Grab your favorite snacks like pretzels or cereal squares and pair it with something sweet like M &Ms or cranberries.

Granola barsFor a quick fix grab a crunchy granola bar. These are perfect for a light snack in between tanning and swimming. You can find any type you like from salty to sweet! I personally love Kind Bars, especially their Cherry Chocolate!

Pressed JuicesThese are amazing for the summer! They are refreshing and surprisingly filling! Green juices are the way to go if you want a meal replacement, but something like Liquiteria’s Summer Crush is a great liquid snack!    

Hey! I'm Marialena Rago from Philadelphia, PA. I am a junior journalism major and drama minor at Hofstra University. Alittle bit about me: I am a huge theatre fan...like crazy huge! I have my own theatre blog where I write about theatre and Broadway! If you are intrested check it out breatheinsingout.wordpress.com. I also write for a mazagine back home in South Philly where I am their theatre geek. So to say I love theatre is bit of an understatement! I have an English Bulldog named Winston who I love dearly. I am also a huge Audrey Hepburn fan! I read and write almost everyday...or I try to at least! Can't wait to get started writing for Her Campus as well! :D  
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.