Bang For Your Buck: Places that Offer Student Discounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

When you’re a college student, you’re always looking to save a few extra bucks. Between tuition, textbooks, and shopping for you dorm room it’s hard to save money for things you really want. In this article, we’re going to discuss different shopping websites that offer great student discounts. These discounts range from clothing stores and to electronics and even to food. With all of these discounts, you’ll be able to still shop but at a more affordable price!

1. UNiDAYS.com

View this post on Instagram

Cream of the crop (@puma) #studentdiscount

A post shared by UNiDAYS_US (@unidays_us) on

While UNiDAYS is not an actual store, it offers discounts across a wide variety of well-known clothing stores. When you sign up for an account with UNiDAYS, you have access to a wide variety of discounts until you graduate from school. Some of the stores that offer discounts include: Kate Spade, NASTY GAL, ASOS, American Eagle (Aerie is also included), and H&M. These discounts vary across the store but what’s great about UNiDAYS is that you will always have access to any discount you need. UNiDAYS also offers discounts for lifestyle, health & fitness, tech, food, and beauty. If you want the complete package for college discounts, UNiDAYS is the way to go. 

2. MAC Makeup

Shopping for makeup can become really expensive, especially when you’re buying in bulk to prepare for the new season. So it’s always great to save a few extra bucks when you can but it’s hard to find discounts with major brands. MAC is one of the few brands that offers a discount to students. When signing up for UNiDAYS, you can get a 10% discount off of all your favorite MAC products. Now that’s a deal that you just can’t miss. 

3. Apple

For a communications major like myself, having a good computer is really important. So when I found out about the great student discount Apple had I was very excited. Apple offers a free pair of Beats when you buy a Macbook Pro or IPad Pro. They also offer up to $200 dollars off on a qualifying Mac with Apple education pricing. Apple also offers 20% off AppleCare+ and a few more great discounts that you can find on their website! So if you’re looking to save big on your next big tech purchase, Apple is the place to look!

4. Spotify/Hulu

Everyone loves to listen to music and watch movies and television. So what if you can save money on the things you love? Spotify offers a great discount on Spotify Premium for students. This discount includes a full Spotify Premium account for $0.99 for the first month and then $4.99 per month. But with this Spotify Premium account, you also get Hulu (with limited commercials) where you can watch shows like Handmaid’s Tale and Keeping Up With The Kardashians as well as SHOWTIME where you can watch shows like Shameless and The Chi. Now you can have everything you love watch and listen to at a more affordable price for students.

College is expensive so it’s always good to look for savings wherever you can. There are amazing student discounts if you do the right research. And with the money you save from these discounts you can save that money or put that towards your education in the future. 

I am a Video/Television and Film major with a Journalism Minor who is passionate about animals, movies, television, music, beaches and hiking. I enjoy spending time with my friends and going on adventures whether it is hiking or just taking a road trip.