9 Drugstore Makeup Brands you need ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Through the sea of makeup brands at your local drugstore, it can get confusing on which brands to love or lose. Now we all love L’Oréal and Revlon, but it’s time to spice up our drugstore trips with these 9 makeup brands:

Black Radiance

We love most makeup brands, but we especially love makeup brands with diversity. With a striking range of beauty products for women of color, they show all beauty companies that diversity is essential to makeup.

IMAN Cosmetics

IMAN Cosmetics is for “Women with Skin of Color,” and by gosh, they’re right because the shade range alone is something to fall head over heels for. From dark lip shades to colorful eyeshadow palettes, it’ll make your next Walgreens trip worth it.

#nyc #subway #soho #beautyunplugged #ardencyinn

A post shared by ARDENCY INN (@ardencyinn) on

Ardency Inn

For any alternative makeup junkies, Ardency Inn is your new makeup staple. With collections ranging from Americana, Modster, and Punker, the company was born upon the NY music scene and we’re living for it.

Innisfree

You know all those Korean beauty products we want to try but are too hesitant to? Well luckily our local drugstore is catching up with the beauty scene by adding Innisfree to their collections. Every product to help your face is somewhere here, even products you never thought existed.

Thank you!!  #Repost @the_girl_in_rouge with @repostsaveapp ・・・ You haven’t heard of this shadow…  But it was voted best  bargain loose eyeshadow 4 years in a row on the @temptalia website and I have to agree  They have some of the MOST fun colors imo and AMAZING sparkle and color changing effect!  Pictures really don’t do it justice Can’t wait to share my @fyrinnae.cosmetics haul video with you guys  Any colors you really want to see? #fyrinnae #fyrinnaecosmetics #fyrinnaeeyeshadow #bargainmakeup #makeupdeals #makeuponabudget #budgetmakeup #indiecosmetics #indiecosmeticslove #makeupart #makeupflatlay #makeupheart #valentinesmakeup #valentinesmakeupideas #colorfuleyeshadow #looseeyeshadow #loosepigments #loosepigmentshadow #duochromeeyeshadow #rainboweyeshadow #duochromepigment #indiecosmetics #indiemakeup #beautyblogger

A post shared by Fyrinnae (@fyrinnae.cosmetics) on

Fyrinnae

This affordable, independent brand can help anyone that they come across. With rich colored products and impeccable longevity, this online brand is to die for.

Caption this REPOST @ultabeauty #milani #ulta #ultabeauty #bakedblush #highlight

A post shared by Milani Cosmetics (@milanicosmetics) on

Milani

Now a lot of people know Milani, but I don’t think everyone knows how innovative Milani is. By being cruelty free, they’re already at the top of our lists and their aesthetic is what every makeup junkie needs. With gold packaging, rose blushes, and more brow products than any drugstore brand could carry, Milani should be the ongoing staple in your makeup collection.

Physician’s Formula

For the hippie, organic demographic Physicians Formula should be at the top. Not only are their products plant themed, but it’s all affordable AF.

Jesse’s Girl

Not to be confused with the iconic song, but this makeup brand is just as addicting. One of the most affordable and pigmented brands in the drugstore makeup market, it’d be a crime if you didn’t have at least one product in your everyday look.

Coastal Scents

The online mecca of makeup is a god send to say the least. From affordable palettes of over 200 colors, and limited editions sales/palettes, you’ll get the makeup collection you want in no time. P.S. for the body painters out there, it’s an essential for any creature look.

Who says you can’t slay with a makeup routine under $150 total? Who says we can’t slay with a $5 eyeliner? No one, so go be the drugstore makeup queens that we all know you can be.

Contrary to popular belief, Delilah Gray is not a fan of the song “Hey There Delilah.” Delilah Gray is the Founder of the Gray Times, a blog dedicated to career advice, plant parenthood, and sharing life lessons. She fell in love with writing when she lived in New York. She started because she wanted to help people, and she felt she could do that best by writing about what was happening in the world.  She has worked with Her Campus, Tokyo Journal, Carnegie Mellon International Film Fest, Platform Women, Queen V, and Long Island Weekly. She enjoys painting trippy portraits, watching dark cartoons, hiking, and spending all of her disposable income on her plants.