Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Ways to Show Your Love for Someone During the Pandemic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

While we can’t be together physically during the pandemic, there is no reason not to show your love for someone during these times. There are always ways to show your love to someone, even if you can’t be with them in person. Lucky for you, here are some ways you can show your love for someone that are not only easy, but are COVID safe.

Sending Letters

While this seems a little clique, sending letters is a great way to express your love to someone. Nothing says, “I’m thinking of you,” more than something handmade. To make it even more unique, you can add a wax seal or decorate the envelope!

Video Calls

Unlike the first method, this option is a little more tech-savvy and common. Whether it’s through Zoom, FaceTime or even Skype, a video call is a good way to connect with your loved ones while stuck at home. Try being creative and doing an activity together during the call!

Send Your Favorite Meal or Snack

Food is one of the languages of love. Whether it’s sending someone a whole meal or their favorite snack, it lets that person know you’re thinking of them. Not to mention, it means that person can take the night off and not have to cook. It’s really a win-win situation all around.

Remind Them That You Love Them

While messaging is often taken for granted, sending little reminders through these tough times goes a long way. If that person is busy, a little “Thinking of you” or “I love you” will surely brighten their day. Maybe even sending them random GIFs or photos will bring a smile to their face.

GroupWatch

Disney+ recently added a new feature called GroupWatch. It allows people to watch the same movie or show at the same time. Why not try this out with your loved ones? Even if you don’t have Disney+, watching movies and shows through a similar feature is a great way to show your love for someone during the pandemic. Other streaming services, such as Netflix and Hulu, have similar group-watching capabilities through browser extensions like Teleparty.

Even if you decide not to use one of these ideas, it’s always important to show your love to someone when you can’t be with them in person. However you chose to send your love to people during the pandemic, the most important thing is to show it. 

Sabrina Blandon is an American Literature major at NYU's CAS. Her Author Spotlight series features reputable writers such as Xiran Jay Zhao and James Murray, as she hopes to add onto the list.