5 Songs to Get You Through Your Breakup This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. If you are stuck feeling blue after a breakup and are in need of a good cry, then these 5 songs may help you get over the one that just left your life and empower you to move on.

“Let it Go” by James Bay

James Bay is an up and coming artist from the United Kingdom who has the voice of an angel. His song “Let It Go” is a heartbreaking tale of reminiscing about the good times to coming to terms that things are coming to the end. This is the perfect song to give you the feels if you and your significant other have changed and gone on separate paths amicably.

“Me, Myself, and I” by G-Eazy featuring Bebe Rexha

G-Eazy is a rapper from California, and his track “Me, Myself, & I” is climbing the charts. The catchy chorus by Bebe Rexha is full of words to live by. This power anthem is what you need if you are in search of a reason to believe in yourself post-breakup.

“Love Yourself” by Justin Bieber

Initially, “Love Yourself” sounds like another romantic ballad by Bieber, but when you listen to the words you realize that he is throwing shade. This song is perfect if your ex didn’t treat you right or used you. “Love Yourself” is like a subtle screw you to anyone who has treated you poorly.

“Miss Movin’ On” by Fifth Harmony

Fifth Harmony smashes the post-breakup life with their song “Miss Movin’ On” They turn past relationships into personal growth with this powerful hit. If you are in need of the extra push to get over your former significant other, then this song is perfect to get over your ex for good.

“Think of You” by MSMR

Sometimes it is good to look back at a relationship and reflect on how it really was without being jaded by lust. “Think of You” is the perfect song to get you in the mindset of realizing how toxic your past relationships may have been. 

Hey Her Campus! I am Peighton Crawford and I am currently a student at Hofstra University! I am originally from Aurora, Colorado, and I am super excited about living in New York. I am interested in anything from fashion to sports. Twitter: @_peighton_ Instagram: peightoncrawford Blog: peightoncrawford.wordpress.com
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.