Trader Joe'S
Trader Joe'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

5 of The Best Trader Joe’s Items for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s finally that time of year. Red, pink, roses, hearts, chocolate, sappy love-letters — it’s everywhere. All of a sudden, February hits and Valentine’s Day gifts and treats are everywhere. So many options! Luckily, Trader Joe’s has a collection of some deliciously tasty AND organic items to try with your Valentine or your Galentine this year. Instead of picking up a generic box of chocolates for your loved one (something they’ve probably seen almost every year), stand out with the unique products at Trader Joe’s with ingredients that are so good and good FOR you.

Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

1. Chocolatey dipping kit

Oh my delish. Perfect for an at-home date night, the Chocolatey Dipping Kit contains milk and dark chocolate melting wafers and pink Valentine’s sprinkles. The wafers will melt down when placed under heat and be ready to serve after a couple of stirs. Cut up some fresh fruit or break off a few graham crackers and dip away! And don’t forget to apply the sprinkles for some Valentine’s flair.

2. Raspberry hearts cookies

Fruit-flavor lovers will enjoy these shortbread cookies oozing with raspberry jam. But beware, if you’re more of a sweet tooth and a chocolate lover, steer clear of these jam-filled cookies. However, their heart shape says enough and can be a perfect way to say “I love you” on V-Day.

3. All Butter Shortbread Sandwich Cookies

Keeping with the theme of raspberry, this item is a delicious sandwich compiled of a tart raspberry filling between two buttery cookies. Trader Joes’ use of raspberry is a unique change to the strawberry, apple, or blueberry flavorings commonly found in most desserts.

4. Oat Chocolate Bars

An item that is a Valentine’s Day staple is chocolate. Trader Joes’ oat milk based chocolate bars are a perfect option for those who are looking for a lactose-free alternative to the holiday’s classic treat. Sprinkled within the chocolate bar are crispy rice bits and cocoa nibs and sea salt to give the bar an extra crunch and taste to compliment the rich and creamy oat chocolate.

5. Tiny Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Did someone say tiny? Lovers of all things miniature will love these down-sized chocolate pretzels, perfect for a handful snack. Also, another version of a chocolatey item that is a alternative to classic milk chocolate. Small gestures go a long way, pick a pack up for a loved one (and only for $0.99!!).

If any of these little treats look tasty to you, make a trip to pick some up for yourself or your valentine. But if none of these suggestions appealed to you, go check out your local Trader Joe’s yourself! There are many more items not mentioned that are equally as delicious. And, if you need some inspiration… head over to Hofstra’s very own HerCampus tiktok page and join me on my Trader Joe’s run where I shop for, and rate the items mentioned above.

Lilly Knappe

Hofstra '27

Lilly Knappe is a current freshman at Hofstra University studying Film. She is from Kennebunk, Maine and has a passion for film, storytelling, nature, and fashion. She is excited to immerse herself in New York City!