5 Halloween Treats that are Easy to Bake/Make!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s everyone’s favorite time of the year, and no, we’re not talking about Christmas. It’s Halloween time! Orange, black and purple are everywhere, everyone’s dorm room doors are decorated and “spooky scary skeletons” will refuse to stop being played. However, the best part of this time of year is…

HALLOWEEN BAKING!

Here are five of the best Halloween treats that are super easy to bake/make.

No Bake Mini Witch Hats and Broomsticks

These super cute mini witch hats and brooms require no baking at all and very little brain power. There is not a set recipe, but the one I am using I got from my good friend Caitlin!

For the witch hat, you will need… 

Fudge Stripe cookies

Hershey kisses

Halloween colored icing (orange, purple, green, black, etc.)

First, take the fudge stripe cookies and turn them upside-down. Then, take a little bit of the colored icing and place a glob onto the bottom of the hershey kiss and press that kiss onto the bottom of the cookie and BAM your halloween first treat is done!

For the broomsticks, you will need…

Pretzel Sticks 

Mini reese’s cups

This one is even easier than the last, all you have to do is stick the pretzel sticks in the reeses cup and BOOM you’re done.

You now have a super cute witch treat to share with all of your friends.

Oreo Spiders

This is another quick and easy no bake recipe that is sure to get even people with arachnophobia to say “Awww, those are adorable!”

You will need…

Pretzel Sticks

Oreos (of your choice)

Candy Corn

Mini Marshmallows

Black Frosting

First, take your pretzel sticks and break them in half so you have eight, as these will be the legs of your spider. Press four into each side of the oreo, into the cream part. Next, break off the pointy ends of two pieces of candy corn and stick then into the cream in the front of the oreos, these will be the spiders fangs! Finally, take two mini marshmallows and squish them down. With a tiny bit of black frosting place them on the oreo right above the fangs and place a drop of black icing on the top, these are the eyes. 

Take a step back and look at your new super adorable and delicious spider treat!

Recipe: oreo-cookie-spiders

Pillsbury Haloween Cookies

All you need for this treat is a box of these AMAZING cookies that you can find in any supermarket anywhere, some parchment paper and a cookie sheet. 

All you have to do is remove the cookies from the packaging and admire the super cute Halloween design that you picked. Then, place them on a sheet of parchment paper that lines your cookie sheet and pop those bad boys in the oven. Cook for the amount of time that is tested on the packing and just patiently wait for that timer to go off.

You now have the easiest and most precious Halloween cookies. 

Salted Caramel Candy Corn Bark

This sweet Halloween treat is another easy no bake dessert that will please everyone!

You will need… 

Pretzel squares

Caramel 

White Chocolate

Candy Corn M&M’s

First, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and place the pretzel squares neatly all over the entire pan. The, take the caramel (if you use caramel squares you will have to melt them down in the microwave) and poor it all over the pretzels. Next, melt the white chocolate in the microwave until completely melted and pour that over the slightly hardened caramel. Now comes the fun part, toppings! This recipe suggests candy corn M&Ms, but if you’d like to use Halloween sprinkles or any other type of candy that would work too! Have fun and make this delicious and yummy treat your own! 

Recipe- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/531284087275803649/ 

Spooky Boo Brownies

Personally, these treats are my absolute favorite. They are the most adorable things ever, I almost didn’t want to eat them! Plus, the name is super cute.

For our last treat, you will need…

A box of brownie mix (this recipe suggests betty crocker) 

Ingredients stated on the back of brownie mix box 

White Frosting (Again, this recipe suggests Betty Crocker) 

Large Marshmallows

Black Gel

The first step to this recipe is easy, bake the brownies as directed on the box! This will take some time as after the brownies are done you have to let them cool and cut into little squares but don’t worry, the fun stuff will come soon. When the brownies are almost done, heat the white frosting in the microwave until it can be stirred. On each brownie square, place a marshmallow and poor the icing on top. Finally, with the black gel, give your new ghost treat some eyes and a mouth! 

Step back and admire the cutest treats in the world that you just made.

Recipe: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/spooky-boo-brownies/93e60a6a-24fb-428f-8f29-84e2ea7de04b

All of these Halloween treats are super easy and fun to make and share with your friends (or just with yourself, we don’t judge) as Halloween is right around the corner. Good luck to you and happy baking!

Arianna is a part of the class of 2023 at Hofstra University. She is a biology major with a concentration in ecology and evolutionary biology. She can be found at any moment in her dorm room talking with her mystery snails, and no that is not a joke. She is probably eating ice cream and waffles with them too.