4 Ways To Spice Up Your Morning Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Getting out of bed can sometimes be so difficult. If you’re like me, then you usually do the same thing in the morning before heading to class or work. I like my routine because it’s simple, but it is also boring and repetitive. I do the same thing, I turn off my alarm, check my phone, and start to get ready for the day. It’s the same thing all of the time, and nothing about my morning really excites my day. Here are 4 ways to spice up your morning routine, and hopefully start your day out on a more positive note

Go watch the Sunrise

Watching the sunrise is such an amazing experience. It really shows that people should be thankful for the little moments. You can go by yourself or with friends, and you may hate to get up super early, but the view will definitely be worth it. My favorite way to watch is on a beach, but anywhere outside is really cool. It is a lot of fun to see all of the vibrant colors, and it should absolutely start your morning on a high note.

Take a shower as soon as you wake up

Photo by Karla Alexander on Unsplash

If you normally take a shower at night, try taking one in the morning instead! It will immediately wake you up and give you the energy needed for the day. Hop right out of bed and into the shower, instead of waiting or letting yourself stay groggy. Pick one or two days a week where it will be easier to shower in the morning, and use it as a jumpstart to the day.

Go for a short walk

Photo by Joshua Earle on Unsplash

Nature in the morning is a beautiful thing. It is untouched and fresh. Going for a short walk once or a couple times a week can be a real energy booster. It doesn’t have to be long, just something to get the body moving and blood flowing. If you just sit in bed until you have to leave for the day, then your body isn’t going to want to move. A short walk can help increase your appreciation for the place you live, as well as giving your body positive vibes. 

Eat a Real Breakfast

Photo by Megan Savoie on Unsplash

I know it is super hard when you’re on the go to eat a full breakfast, but it will absolutely help your day. Breakfast doesn’t have to be something big and extravagant, but it should be more than toast or a pastry. Take the time to really sit and enjoy all of your breakfast. It will give you the energy you need for the rest of the day, and you won’t be complaining or hungry at the office or in the classroom. 

These are little changes that you don’t have to do every day, but can definitely add fun to your morning routine!

Cover Photo by Madison Nickel on Unsplash

I'm a Jersey girl who loves fashion! I also have a passion for reading and writing. I enjoy spending time with family and friends and love trying new things!