This playlist aims to fulfill all the key needs of your perfect Sunday brunch with no effort at all. We have compiled a sweet sweet selection of chilled songs with a good vibe to accompany the many recipes we have shared with you.
Playlist easy on the ear, and goes perfectly with these vegan recipes.
Or if you’d like to try a new recipe this weekend, the Russian mushroom julienne is the perfect dish for you.
It is a quick and easy recipe for those lazy Sunday mornings/afternoons… better yet, it only needs a handful of ingredients.
All you need is the following:
- Some white wine from the night before (1/4 cup)
- 500g of your regular white mushrooms (or any fancy ones you have laying around in the fridge)
- ½ Medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- 3tbs of butter
- ¾ cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of single cream
- Cheeeeeese – mozzarella or cheddar or any other not too strong cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Set the oven to 200º C
- Slice the mushrooms and dice the onion – sautée until mushrooms have halved in size and onions have softened
- Place in a deep oven dish or if making individual juliennes – divide some between the individual ramekins (creating a substantial layer on the base of the dish – no more than halfway)
- In a small saucepan – melt 1tbs of butter, add white wine and allow it to simmer (we don’t want a boozy julienne) then add both the single cream and sour cream
- Allow all to mix in together and season – once ready fill the oven dish or split between the ramekins
- Give it a good stir so the mushrooms are not stuck to the bottom of the dish
- Sprinkle as much cheese as you desire or your conscience allows you to!
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden