The Lalaice Cream Cone
The Lalaice Cream Cone
Her Campus Media

5 Insta-Worthy Dessert Spots on Oʻahu (Part 1)

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

If you are a foodie like me, more specifically into desserts and sweets, then you are in the right spot. One of my favorite things to do on Oʻahu is find the tastiest and most aesthetic dessert spots, and let me tell you – we have a lot! Check out my top five insta-worthy spots below!

Purve donuts

From the theme, to the drinks, and to the DONUTS (of course), everything hits that insta-worthy mark. Purve Donuts is a very colorful, Unicorn-themed spot with two locations – one on Kona Street and one on Waialae Street. If I am craving a unique donut, such as their “Unicorn Butt Sneeze” (lemon with fruity pebbles) or their “Hulk Smash” (mint with oreos), then I don’t hesitate to drive on over to Purve. They also have a new special donut every week. Be sure to check them out and don’t forget to pair your donut with a delicious cold brew!

somisomi

Located at Ala Moana Center, this is one of my favorite spots to go to on a weekly basis (yes I said weekly). I am always craving their Taiyaki, which are little Japanese-originated pancakes shaped like fish with either a nutella, custard, red bean, cheddar cheese, or taro filling. You can buy 2 for $3.50 or 5 for $7.95. Another amazing dessert they have is their Ah-Boong, which is a Korean-originated dish that pairs Taiyaki and soft serve ice cream. I love to go weekly because they change their soft serve ice cream flavors. Most recently it’s been Ube/Oreo and Milk/Matcha. I would be sure to hit this spot right before hitting Ala Moana Beach. What’s better than an ice cream/beach insta-story?

ubae

Located in the Kalihi-Palama area on Kalani Street is UBAE and let me tell you, everything is aesthetic here. If you are an ube-lover, then this is YOUR spot. From the cheesecake, to the famous crinkle cookies, to the butter mochi – everything is bright purple, filled with ube, and so ready for your insta photo.

LA Tour CafÈ

Although this cafe specializes in savory dishes, let me tell you they have the best macarons on the island. These beautiful Italian-originated cookies come in a very aesthetic box that makes you instantly want to take a picture. The macarons are so soft and melt in your mouth. La Tour Cafe has four locations on the island: Hind Drive, Nimitz Highway, Kuala Street, and Kapolei Parkway.

Samurai

Located on Aiea Heights Dr in Aiea Shopping Center is Samurai Snacks, a store with tons of classic Hawaiian snacks and home to the Hawaiian Frost dessert! The Hawaiian Frost is like a better sherbet with soft serve ice cream consistency. What makes this dessert so insta-worthy are it’s perfect swirls and extremely vibrant colors. Nothing beats having a cold Hawaiian Frost on a hot day!

If you haven’t tried these insta-worthy dessert spots then you’re missing out! I will be on the hunt to find more sweet spots on the island and will be back with Part 2.

Aloha! My name is Keilyn and I am a Graduate Student studying Public Health at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. I enjoy going to the beach, reading mystery books, cooking, and playing with my puppy, Kaiba! I love being on the HER Campus Hawaii Team and sharing my stories!