kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

Finesse Your Fitness: A Review on Peloton Bike

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Push your limits, find your full potential, and push the people in your pack. Working out at home can be difficult for anyone, but it’s the only option that really works for most people. Finding studio class times that work with your busy life on top of finding times with instructors you vibe with, can feel like a second job. The beauty of Peloton that it gives you a group fitness cycle class workout in the comfort of your own home. You can be riding in Boston and another rider could be taking the same class in California. If you thrive off of pushing your limits and getting in a good sweat, welcome to Peloton. So, putting Peloton on blast, here’s the tea, sis:

.

What’s Peloton?

Peloton is an at home cycle class experience, that is more on the side of a traditional spin class compared to companies like SoulCycle. There are so many instructors with all different backgrounds and music tastes to choose from. Peloton classes can be taken live, which mean the classes that are recorded in the Peloton studios, or take it after the class is done aka anytime. Pelotons mission is to have riders to work together, conserve energy and perform better because of one another. Peloton has cultivated a community with having some riders never visit their physical studio.

Where do I find Peloton?

Peloton can be purchased and delivered to your home. Many gyms have the Peloton bike, except equinox because they are team SoulCycle (because they own it, duh).

What instructors are we feeling this week?

Alex Toussaint is my FAV instructor. He brings a hip-hop vibe and you cannot find anything but passion for the bike when you ride with Alex. Alex uses the power of positivity to motivate you to confront your limitations and push past them. I am really picky with instructors and Alex gets the HELL YEAH from me. My mom is a big fan of Ally Love because of her throwback vibes and you feel super accomplished by the end of your ride.

Is it going to break my budget?

The bike is priced at $2,245 and that is including delivery and set up. You can also finance the bike too, if you’re interested in buying the bike for your home. It does not cost anything to use at gyms. They also have an online platform where you pay $20 to have access to all classes that you can get on your phone or tablet.

SO, what’s the verdict?

Peloton is an amazing workout, but would not be my first choice. I love group classes because of the community it comes with it. Peloton’s classes are well thought out and gets the job done, but can feel a little lonely. So, it may not be my #1 choice but is definitely the most convenient choice (if you have it in your house).  

Kaeleen is a senior at GW and from Boston, MA. She grew up playing sports and rowed for the GW Women’s Rowing team. Her career was cut short due to injury, but it helped her discover the athlete she is without competitive sports. When she is not working out, she likes to discover new places in DC or relaxing at her family home in Nantucket with her dog Mogul.