This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

1. War Memorial Hall

This one is pretty self explanatory; the seats are way too close together and the desks are barely big enough to support a Starbucks cup (let alone a laptop or a binder). This hall may be worst to have a lecture in, but it’s great place to sneak in a nap when you’re sleep deprived on campus!

2. Alexander Hall (Rm. 100 or 200)

Alexander Hall is modern looking, but the bigger lecture rooms here are almost intolerable. There’s almost never a working microphone available for the profs, so the entire class is always fighting for a spot closer to the front (you can kiss the concept of “unassigned seats” goodbye!). The desks are roughly the size of a dinner plate. I usually don’t even bother trying to balance everything on the desks and opt to just keep my laptop on my lap.

3. Summerlee Science Complex

If you have a lecture in one of the lab rooms, prepare yourself for some back problems. The labs only have stools, there’s no back support at all. Also, if you sit on the odd side of the table, you have to face away from the lab bench in order to see the prof speak, and then swivel around every time you want to write something down.

4. MacNaughton Hall

Any lecture on the ground floor of MacNaughton is just going to be a mess. The chairs are super small and made of really uncomfortable hard plastic, there is no regard for ergonomics in there. Once again, we have the issue of inhumanely small desks, along with a very apparent shortage of left-handed desks.

5. MacKinnon

Having a lecture on the third floor is horrible because there are so many stairs, but really any lecture in MacKinnon is painful. The A/C is really weak so it’s always sticky and humid. The layout of the entire building (and the expansion) is confusing AF.

Jasleen is a Biological Sciences student at the University of Guelph. When she's not busy studying (read: procrastinating) in the library, you can find her doing some kind of volunteer work in her community. In her downtime, she enjoys watching superhero shows, Disney movies, and documentaries narrated by Morgan Freeman. She is passionate about health care and hopes to pursue a career in medicine.   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   If you want to know more about Jasleen, follow her on instagram - @missjasleen
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!