5 Reasons why Online Classes are the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

You can sleep in as long as you want

When you take a class online, you don’t have to worry about waking up at seven in the morning to make it to the bus stop on time. In fact, you don’t need to worry about making it to the bus at all – you can learn from the comfort of your own bed.

You have so much more free time

Online classes completely free up your schedule, which means you get to do the things you actually want to do. Instead of sitting in class listening to the professor read PowerPoint slides to you, you have more time to do things like study or go to the gym (or just sleep in for a couple more hours each day).

You get to plan your own schedule

Because online classes leave you with so much more free time, you get to decide when you want to learn. Instead of being confined to that dreaded 7-9 Thursday night lecture, you can choose to do your work whenever you feel like it.

The classes are easier

Some people hate having to do weekly online discussion posts, but I love them. You’re basically handed 20% of your grade for about five minutes of work per week. Online discussions are boring, but I’ll take them over an essay any day.

They teach you self-discipline

When you don’t have a professor to teach you the course material, you’re forced to learn it by yourself. This is a challenge for some people, but it’s also a valuable lesson! If you can teach yourself to sit down and focus for a couple of hours a week without going to class, then studying for exams will become much easier.

Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!