Wellness

4 Health and Fitness Apps to Help You Through Your Virtual Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Over the course of quarantine and the summer, I wasn’t able to go to the gym, and as someone who heavily relied on physically going to a gym to get her daily fitness in, I wasn’t sure how to move forward with that. I started browsing for apps that would help me stay fit and healthy throughout the summer, and even though gyms are open now (with heavy restrictions), I’ve decided to stick with the apps and workout from home. Here are some free apps that could help you reach your fitness goals through this virtual semester: 

1. Myfitness Pal  

This is a well-known app and it allows you to log in all the foods you eat throughout the day so you can keep a calorie count. It has endless food options so it will always be available to you. It also tracks your physical fitness and takes it into account for your final caloric intake!

2. Bodyfast 

If you’re interested in intermittent fasting, this app will definitely help you through it. It has several different intermittent fasting options and you can choose the one that works best for you and it sends you notification on when to eat and when to fast.  

3. PIIT Pocket 

PIIT Pocket features hundreds of workout videos that you can just follow rather than creating your own workouts. It comes in handy when you’re not motivated enough to think of a workout to do but still want to get in thirty minutes of physical activity.  

4. Insight Timer  

Insight Timer is a meditation app that helps you clear your mind and relax through several guided meditations. It helps you sleep better and is able to manage stress and anxiety, which would be needed through such an unusual semester!

Mehak is a fourth-year biomedical science major at the University of Guelph.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!