This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Spring is just right around the corner and will begin on March 20. Spring has always been one of my favorite times of the year. It’s no longer cold, we are getting ready for spring break, and flowers start to bloom.

Now we have hours upon hours of daylight, so much so that it seems only to be dark when I’m about to go to sleep! It’s not dark by 5 pm anymore! You might sacrifice an hour of sleep, but surely the sun peeking through your blinds at 6 am is worth it. You will still be able to catch the last beautiful rays of the sun before it disappears and gives way to the moon. 

It’s also now appropriate to drink iced drinks without getting looks. I love going to Starbucks for their new spring menu which features colorful beverages made with coconut milk, matcha, and ginger.

Woman laying on purple and white flowers
Photo by Clarke Sanders from Unsplash
Spring makes me want to jump out of bed in the morning and get outside and appreciate the beauty that this season truly brings. It makes me want to plan adventures and explore the city. 

Spring makes me want to get with my friends and go to wineries, fields to run in, or just a casual walk around the neighborhood to bask in everything this season is giving us. The beautiful flowers and trees are a sight to see and blossoming before our eyes. Not to mean delicious fruits are in season such as avocados, apricots, and pineapples!

By the time classes come to an end, the temperature is just right and nothing like the unbearable heat that welcomed us in August. 

outdoor hc 3
Original photo by Lily Borror
Of course, the campus will look the same when you come back from winter break, but at least there’s the promise of knowing that at the end of the semester, it will be May and May brings flowers, sun, and warm weather.

I know that spending more time outside instead of being cooped indoors makes me happy and motivates me to do my work and be happier. Moreover, get out your floral dresses and skirts! Heavy jackets and UGG boots are out! 

pink roses
Photo by Sidney Pearce from Unsplash
Spring cleaning is another essential part of Spring. I understand that most people do not like to clean. However, there is something renewing about going through your belongings and deciding what to keep and what to ditch. It’s almost as if you are cleaning your mind and spirit! Furthermore, you can get a little boost of happiness from donating the items you no longer want!

Have an amazing Spring! 

Raidah is currently a senior at Georgia State University. She is currently majoring in Biology with an interest to go into the healthcare field. Some of her hobbies include traveling, meeting new people, and photography! She hopes to write you interesting articles for Her Campus!
The GSU chapter of Her Campus