This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

I have recently started getting into skincare since the Pandemic started and it has changed my life. It has improved my mood mentally and has made me more confident.

Taking care of your skin is important for your health and to help you feel better about yourself. Everyone’s skin is different, but here are a few products that are my favorite parts of my skincare routine. 

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

I’ve been using this cleanser for a year now, and I love it! I use it every morning and night, and it has been helping me keep free from breakouts. It has essential ingredients that are beneficial and are gentle on your skin. The three main ingredients are niacinamide, ceramides, and hyaluronic acid which help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier. It doesn’t dry out my skin or clog my pores! It is excellent for people with acne as it works to cleanse the skin and remove oil without disrupting the skin’s protective barrier.

CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion

This is a lightweight moisturizer that is my go-to! It has excellent ingredients, including niacinamide and hyaluronic acid. Niacinamide can help with acne scars, while hyaluronic acid is one of the best chemical compounds for increasing moisture, making this an excellent dry skin product. I use it every night, and it has helped protect my skin barrier and has kept me from getting new breakouts! It’s perfect for any skin type!

Ordinary AHA 30% BHA 2% Peeling Solution

You have probably seen this product raved all over TikTok. I have used this product for over a year now, and it has done wonders for my skin! My favorite thing about Ordinary products is their simplicity and inexpensiveness. They are usually under $10! Chemical exfoliation is a gentler, more effective way to shed old skin cells and reveal brighter, clearer skin than physician exfoliants. AHA exfoliates the skin’s topmost surface for a more radiant and more even appearance. BHA also exfoliates the skin with an extended function to help clear pore congestion. My skin looks brighter and clearer ever since I started using this product! However, one warning is that this product is not for people with sensitive skin/sensitivity to sunlight!

Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

This serum has helped provide moisture and brighten my skin. When concentrated, this slimy snail mucin is said to aid human skin by hydrating, preventing aging, and improving wrinkles and scars. I’ve been using this for over a year and it has helped make my dry patches on my face go away and keep my skin hydrated! My skin feels fantastic in the morning and looks glowy. I like that it’s easy to layer with other products, such as if you want to put it on in the am before sunscreen or at night with other creams. 

Mighty Patch Hydrocolloid Acne Pimple Patch

This product is the only thing that keeps me from popping my zits. It blends seamlessly into your skin and makes it seem like you’re not wearing anything! Unlike some spot treatments, the sticker won’t leave your skin dry and flaky. The patch draws out the pus underneath the pimple within a day or two! The patches are inexpensive and a great way to help with breakouts! 

I guarantee you that these products will make a difference in your skincare routine! They are worth a try! Skincare is a journey but remember that you are beautiful inside and out.

Raidah is currently a senior at Georgia State University. She is currently majoring in Biology with an interest to go into the healthcare field. Some of her hobbies include traveling, meeting new people, and photography! She hopes to write you interesting articles for Her Campus!
The GSU chapter of Her Campus