How To Have a Beneficial Morning Routine for a Productive Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Lately, I have been trying to get back into the groove of things after getting out of a tough transition. I wanted to have more productive days, and I saw the best way to start is with a great morning routine.

I went on a hunt for the perfect morning routine to set the tone for a productive day. With all my research, I put a routine together that accommodates my lifestyle, and I definitely will say that this was the best chance to help me be more productive in life and help with my wellness.

Wake Up Earlier

When I was in a slump, I would wake up around 11 a.m. to noon and feel even worse for starting my day so late. I decided to wake up earlier, starting around 7 a.m. or 8 a.m. Waking up earlier allowed me to have more time for myself, and I felt great knowing I could accomplish so much in the day.

close up of white alarm clock
Photo by Acharaporn Kamornboonyarush from Pexels

Pray/Meditate

First things first– I read my Bible, reflect, meditate, and then journal. These are the perfect way to set the tone and have some peace before the rest of the day comes. During journaling, I also take the time to create a to-do list and plan the kind of day I will have.

person writing in a journal while they read the bible
Photo by Kelly Sikkema from Unsplash

Detox Water and Exercise

I can’t feel refreshed without drinking a full glass of water. Typically, I choose lemon water, but you can pick any fruit. Afterward, I put on some active wear (which motivates me to work out more) and head to the gym. Exercising gets your blood pumping and releases endorphins that boost your mood. I think it’s best to get active early in the morning before I deal with the rest of the day.

woman weightlifting
Photo by John Arano from Unsplash

Shower and Cleanse

This part is one of my favorites because I am all about an excellent exfoliating shower. I use an exfoliating glove and use two scrubs, Tree Hut Scrub and Dove Crushed Macadamia & Rice Milk Exfoliating Body Polish. I love starting the day with a warm shower because it makes me feel more energized and rejuvenated. After the shower, I do my skincare routine and get excited to use my “Glow” serum by Valjean Lab with Vitamin C and Squalene. 

woman in robe and towel wiping face
Photo by Alexey Sokolov from Icons8

Breakfast

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I genuinely believe that. Right now i am loving avocados toast with eggs because TikTok made me do it. When I used to wake up at noon, I would skip breakfast. But now, I feel nourished and able to have fuel for the rest of the day. I rarely get tired throughout the day and feel better when I can eat three meals a day. 

Toast with avocado and egg on top
Photo by Daria Shevtsova from Pexels

Because I found the perfect morning routine for myself, I am becoming that person who is eager to wake up and start my day. The consistency of waking up early and doing my routine has positively influenced my productivity and even been more positive throughout the day.

Just a girl trying to romanticize and appreciate everything life has to offer. Join me :)
The GSU chapter of Her Campus