Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

RF._.studio via Pexels

Sunscreen

Girl, it’s going to be hot and if you’ve been fully vaccinated, I know that you’re going to want to get on a beach. Don’t forget that even though all the fun is in the sun, sunburns and skin cancers can occur if you’re not properly protected.

If you’re going to be in the water, make sure you use waterproof sunscreen. Neutrogena Beach Defense Sunscreen is a great option to try. Always remember to read the instructions so that you can make sure you’re using your sunscreen effectively so that you can avoid the unpleasant after-effects of not keeping your skin protected. Hotties hate getting burned!

Exfoliators

If you plan on showing some skin, you want to make sure it looks good. That means you’ll have to exfoliate hun. Winter is over, spring’s about done and summer is right around the corner, so start exfoliating now!

A great sugar body scrub that you can find anywhere is from Tree Hut. They come in different fragrances and colors which makes it so much fun. Also, while you’re exfoliating your body, don’t skip your lips. Hot girls love to keep their lips soft and the first step to soft lips -and skin- is exfoliating. Bite Beauty has some great lip scrubs that not only work but are also clean, vegan, cruelty-free and gluten-free!

Crossover bikini set
Aerie

Moisturizer

Right after you exfoliate and right before you use sunscreen, don’t forget to moisturize! We want everyone to be mesmerized by how soft and silky our skin looks under the summer sun.

An easy and inexpensive body moisturizer that naturally smells good is Cocoa Butter or anything with shea butter in it. Its thick creamy texture makes your skin hold in the moisture for longer and that’s exactly what we’ll need this summer because it’s going to be hot!

womans face with stickers
Photo by Billie from Unsplash

Lip Gloss

Lipgloss makes that pout stand out and steal the show. Also, less is more in the summer, so put your matte lipsticks back in your lipstick container and let your glosses out for a play. Whether it be clear, shimmery, scented or flavored, Victoria’s Secret has some fun lip glosses that can come in handy if you’ll be taking part in lip action this summer. Try some!

Shimmer

Megan Charles / Her Campus
Okay, so while this might not be a ‘need’ it sure does feel like one. Whenever I have a lot of skin out, especially when the weather is nice, I love to have a body shimmer on. Not only is it sexy, but it makes everything pop! Fenty’s Lava Body Luminizer comes in three cute shades; brown sugar, a glistening bronze, who needs clothes?!, a radiant rose gold, and cognac candy, a sparkling copper. If you’re ever looking for a hot finishing touch, the shimmer will always be it.

Now, you’re ready for your hot girl summer. Be sure to take some pics and post some cute boomerangs on your story!

Writing frees my mind.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus