burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Her Campus x Georgia State Tour Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

On April 3rd, the Georgia State University bookstore was taken over for one of the most anticipated Her Campus events of the semester, the HC Tour. Georgia State was one of eight schools selected to be a part of the 2018 HC Tour route.

The Her Campus GSU Team and the Her Campus National Team, including one of the brand’s founders, Windsor Hanger Western, and the Community and Strategic Programming Manager, Cara Chiaramonte, worked tirelessly during the early morning to prep the bookstore for the arrival of students at 10 AM.

From 10AM-3PM, GSU students were able to engage in interactive activations from the tour’s sponsors: Aeropostale, Tretorn, and L’oreal. Students were able to participate in giveaways and interact with their fellow Panthers.

Aeropostale’s station was decked out with their latest denim products for girls to try on and post to their social media using the hashtag #InAero. Once attendees posted to their Instagram accounts, they were able to use the on-site Aeropostale vending machine and get a coupon to use online or in stores. Some lucky winners snagged discounts for $50 off while others managed to secure coupons for a free hoodie or graphic tee.

Sneaker brand, Tretorn, also showcased their latest footwear gear and allowed students to compete in a game of table tennis for the chance to win coupons, branded hats, and cool shoelaces to lace up their own sneakers.

Makeup and skincare retailer, L’Oreal, exhibited their latest beauty releases and attendees were able to sample products and take Instagram-worthy photos in L’Oreal’s tropical-themed space.

As students flowed in and out the bookstore, the Her Campus GSU team was on deck to check their fellow collegiates in and hand out goody bags stocked with must-have beauty products. Some of the girls from the Her Campus GSU roster also had the opportunity to serve as Brand Ambassadors for Aeropostale, Tretorn, or L’Oreal and talk to students about Her Campus and the unique brand experiences happening throughout the room.

The HC x GSU Tour stop was a massive success and had an impressive turnout of over 500 students. Thank you to the Her Campus national team and the event sponsors for creating an unforgettable day on our campus.

Olivia Hancock is currently an undergraduate Journalism student at Georgia State University. She has over four years of experience in the editorial and social media field. Her written work covers lifestyle, entertainment, fashion, and beauty related topics. I have been published on platforms including PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT, Her Campus, 21Ninety, The Life Currency, and xoNecole. Most recently, she joined the Atlanta-based One Music Fest editorial team and Colour Beauty Inc's social media team as an intern. She now serves as the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus GSU chapter.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus