morning products hero image?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
morning products hero image?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Emily Veith

5 Podcasts for Women to Get You Through Your Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

COVID-19 has forced many non-essential businesses to make their employees work from home. For many, working from home is filled with distractions and comfortable places for nap time.

A secret to staying motivated is to listen to podcasts made for women and by women. Here are five podcasts for women to get you through your quarantine.

Her Campus Media

Hey, Girl

This podcast focuses on storytelling and sisterhood. In each episode, Alex Elle has conversations with women that inspire her. Learn how women find a work-life balance, redefine self-care, and explore vulnerability. Hey, Girl is available on iTunes and Spotify. For updates and inspirational quotes follow Hey Girl the Podcast on Instagram.

Gettin Grown

You can’t help but laugh and relate to Kecia and Jada’s struggle in figuring out life. The 30-something-year-old host discusses essential topics ranging from breaking tradition to curating peace. No other podcast is perfect for all ages and professions. Follow Gettin Grown on Instagram and listen on iTunes.

Website: gettingrown.co

Game Changers

Looking for personal brand and business advice? Entrepreneur and YouTube content creator, Erin May Henry walks you through critical steps you need to solidify your business and personal brand. Erin also shares stories on overcoming fear and creating healthy habits. Every girl boss will appreciate each episode. Follow Erin on Instagram and listen to the podcast on iTunes.

Therapy For Black Girls

Licensed psychologist, Dr. Joy Harden Bradford, welcomes black women to have conversations on mental health, personal development, and how to be the best you. She understands the importance of Black people having therapists that are unbiased. Dr. Bradford dives into how to deal with a breakup and how to heal in an unhealthy environment. Follow Therapy for Black Girls on Instagram and listen to the podcast on iTunes. Visit her website for additional resources.

Girl CEO

Ronnie Brown is well-known in the girl boss community. Her podcast inspires female entrepreneurs to learn from their downfalls and grow into a successful Girl CEO. She keeps it real with her guests and audience. If Ronnie says you need to work harder, you need to work harder sis. Follow Girl CEO on Instagram for inspirational content. Listen on iTunes and Spotify.

Subscribe to these podcasts and listen to them when you need the motivation to keep working. You will be surprised at the magic that happens when women motivate each other.

Qiyamah Saleem is a Senior at Georgia State University, pursuing her Marketing degree and Advertising certification. When she’s not writing for Her Campus or studying, she’s designing graphics or whipping soap.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus