Style > Beauty

3 Cheap Products To Help Achieve Clear Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

I promise if you take the advice given below, you will fall in love with the results of your skin after less than a week. 

Clear skin is the key to healthy self-confidence. 

I must admit, when I break out in pimples I do not feel beautiful. When I have personal conversations, I can’t help but think if they’re staring at the big red zit on my face. 

Over time, I’ve learned that I do not need expensive skin care products to have clear and healthy skin.  My skin has now become the healthiest it has ever been after using only natural products. 

Nowadays everyone is going natural. Whether it’s embracing your natural hair or changing your dietary habits. 

In 2018, skincare had also become a huge trend. Most customers are not aware of the numerous harmful chemical ingredients in our favorite everyday skincare products. In an article posted by Black Paint, the dangerous ingredients found in our everyday products were brought to light. This list contained parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, petrolatum, hydroquinone, and many more that contain carcinogens and cancer-causing ingredients. 

Aloe Vera Plant 

Source

Around 5 months ago,  I had just begun taking birth control which caused my skin to terribly break out. My face had never looked so bad.

Of course, I called my mom freaking out and telling her about my breakouts. She told me to start rubbing aloe vera gel on my face twice a day. That same day, I went to my nearest Kroger and purchased 2 plants for only $2.00. After cleansing my face, I lather the aloe vera gel on my face then rub it in until it completely dries down into my skin. I saw a huge difference in my face within a week.

A month later, it completely cleared my skin and removed my dark spots. The aloe vera gel contains antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the chances of bacteria forming on your skin and causing inflammation. Aloe vera gel contains properties that speed up skin cell production, causing the dark spots to disappear. Lastly, aloe vera gel increases the body’s production of collagen. This will have you looking young forever!

African Black Soap (One size fits all cleanser)

Source

I love this cleanser because it suits all skin types! If you have oily skin, this will be your holy grail.

Black soap balances natural oil production without completely drying your face due to the shea butter ingredient within the soap. In order to have flawless skin, you must exfoliate your skin at least 3 times a week. Exfoliating gets rid of dead skin cells and brings healthier ones. 

Natural African black soap has a rough texture which allows you to wash and exfoliate your face at the same time! If I notice a change in my skin, the first thing I grab is my African black soap because it keeps my skin balanced. I recommend purchasing African black soap on Amazon, for only $13.00.

Tea Tree Oil

Source

After I finally stopped breaking out, I wanted my dark spots to completely go away. 

Yes, the aloe vera gel was working but I wanted something stronger to remove the ugly spots. My best friend had gone through the same situation as myself so I asked her what she used to lighten the dark spots. She went into the bathroom and gave me a bottle of 100% tea tree oil from Trader Joes. 

After googling if this actually worked, I discovered the positive effects it has on the skin. Tea tree oil has the same anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties as aloe vera gel which reduces the appearance of dark spots and prevents future acne.

Every night, I rub tea tree oil above all of the dark spots. Also, if I notice I am beginning to breakout I rub the tea tree oil on the specific spot and it goes away overnight. 

Lastly, eat healthy food products. We must nurture our body just as much we do our skin. If your body is well taken care of in the inside, it will exude through your glowing skin on the outside. 

Flawless skin is not expensive or difficult to achieve with the help of products that are formed directly from nature.

Aspiring Beauty Editor!
The GSU chapter of Her Campus