This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

For some people, waking up in the morning is the worst thing they have to do each day. Here are 5 ways to make it easier. 

Lay out your clothes ahead of time

This will help you get moving faster in the morning!

Turn off the electronics

Playing on your phone or computer before bed could keep you from falling asleep at night because the blue light keeps your brain awake. To help fall asleep faster, turn off electronics an hour before you want to go to sleep.

Develop a bedtime routine

Having the same routine before bed can help you fall asleep. My personal routine is to brush my teeth, read for 30 minutes and then turn off the light!

Set a bedtime

This might make you feel like a child, but having a set bedtime everynight will help you wake up feeling well rested in the morning.

Don’t set multiple alarms

If you’re the type of person that sets 14 alarms every morning: stop. When you set multiple alarms, you learn to sleep through them and you’re less likely to wake up unless abosultely possible. Train yourself to wake up at the first alarm. 

Adrienne Poissant

Gettysburg '22

Adrienne is a senior at Gettysburg College studying political science and religious studies. Besides being a Campus Correspondent, she is involved in the wind symphony, Model United Nations, and enjoys reading and writing for fun!