This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gettysburg chapter.

Her Campus at Gettysburg is thrilled to welcome our sister chapter, Her Campus F&M, to our site for a Halloween-themed article exchange!  Check out our articles on their site here and here, or another from F&M here.  

If you’re anything like me, two of my favorite things about Halloween are costumes and sweets.  With the fall and holiday season upon us, what better ways to celebrate Halloween than with delicious Halloween themed treats? Enjoy this spooky season with these five simple dessert recipes for a sweet October!

1.  Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats

Recipe and image courtesy of Big Bear’s Wife

Are you ready to turn a plain dessert into something awesome? Check out these Frankenstein rice krispie treats for a creative take on a simple and easy dessert! Your guests won’t be disappointed with this adorable treat.

2.  Graveyard Chocolate Cheesecake Dip

Recipe and image courtesy of Well Plated

Are you a fan of chocolate and cheesecake? If you are, then here is the perfect dessert to combine both of your sweet-tooth favorites into one dish!

3.  Halloween Candy Bark

Recipe and image courtesy of iheartnaptime

Here is another simple and fun recipe that you can try this fall season. This Halloween themed candy bark makes the perfect snack for your study sessions.

4.  Pumpkin Cheesecake Truffle Mummies

Recipe and image courtesy of Creme de la Crumb

Fall is pumpkin spiced latte season, so of course, we had to include a recipe that highlights our love for all things #PSL.  These pumpkin cheesecake truffle mummies is a cute dessert idea for your guests!

5.  Mummy Pumpkin Cookies

Recipe and image courtesy of Oh My Goodness Chocolate Desserts

Is it really a dessert party without cookies?  Check out this interesting take on a classic cookie with mummy pumpkin cookies.  With these cute things coming out of your oven, your fall season is bound to be a happy one! 

Which of these Halloween themed treats recipes will you try this year?

Cover image courtesy of Mira Bozhko on Unsplash

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.
Juliette Sebock, Founder: Jules founded the Gettysburg College chapter of Her Campus in Fall 2015 and served as Campus Correspondent until graduating in Spring 2018. Juliette graduated from Gettysburg College in 2018 with an English major and History/Civil War Era Studies/Public History triple minors. In addition to HC, she was a member of the Spring 2017 class of Advanced Studies in England and of various organizations including Eta Sigma Phi, Dance Ensemble, and Poetry Circle. She has published a poetry chapbook titled Mistakes Were Made, available on Amazon and Goodreads, and she has poems forthcoming in several literary magazines. She is also the editor-in-chief of Nightingale & Sparrow Magazine and runs the lifestyle blog, For the Sake of Good Taste. For more information, visit https://juliettesebock.com.