love letters: being thankful in all seasons of your life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

A seasonal love letter written just for you!

November marks the start of the month of thankfulness and gratitude. Although people are quick to transition from Halloween straight to Christmas, it’s important to remind yourself of the many good things. You’ve almost made it past 2017. You’ve accomplished so much. You’ve grown so, so much. Why limit yourself to be thankful for just one day or just one month? Fill yourself up with gratitude for all seasons of your life!

Gratitude strengthens our bonds with others, boosts our emotions, and our improves our personalities. Think about it, you’d much rather prefer to be surrounded by people who could make an effort to see the light in situations rather than not. You’d be more prone to look on the bright side too! Thankfulness is contagious. I can’t tell you how many times my friends and I will just go into spontaneous sessions where we just thank each other for being there and uplifting one another.

How can I constantly be thankful? That sounds unrealistic…

Well of course, I am not asking you to pretend like you should be thankful for everything because honestly everything is not going to make you say “I am SO thankful for this”. It’s an inevitable fact: we will all have rough seasons in life that make us feel discomfort and even pain. However, if you are able to get through those rough seasons and grow from them, you should be thankful to yourself. Tell your body, your mind, and your heart thank you for being so strong.

Be grateful for your loved ones for always being there and be thankful for your not-so-loved ones for reminding you who not to surround yourself with.

Be grateful for good thoughts for warming your heart and be thankful for bad thoughts for making the good thoughts that more enjoyable.

Thank you for letting my words be like a love letter to you,

xo LaVonna

LaVonna Wright

Georgia Southern

LaVonna is a Junior at Georgia Southern University. She is currently pursuing a major in English Literature with a minor in Religious Studies. LaVonna worked as a writer for the 2017-2018 school year, and is now the editor for the 2018-2019 school year. She loves all of the softer things in life and aspires to use her passion for written word to help others become the best version of themselves. Check out her personal blog: lavonnawrites.com or follow her on Instagram @_lwright "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.