Wellness

5 Post Spring Break Tips to get you Back in the Groove

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Spring break has officially come to an end and I know that you’ve enjoyed your time off. Whether you spent it at the beach, outside of the country, or even in your living room, curled up with your favorite food, you spent more time enjoying things that didn’t have a deadline. Now that things are soon to be back in session, these tips will help you get back in the groove!

Tip 1: Bump your self-care! After all of the unpacking and rearranging, take the time to prepare your mind and body for the following week! For me, that looks like face masks with soft music and journaling. I know that everyone’s self-care looks and feels different for them so I’m encouraging you to indulge in what makes you feel like your best self!

Tip 2: Organize! Once you’re done unpacking, organize your things so that they’re easier to find throughout the week. I’ve learned that the longer you wait—the bigger the mess! Things may be more difficult to find, which can ultimately slow down productivity and increase stress. Who wants that when they’re fresh off of vacation?

Tip 3: Plan ahead! If you have a planner, review it so that you’re aware of deadlines and due dates in advance! Giving yourself enough time to get prepared for the week ahead makes room for you to put your best foot forward. If you don’t have a planner, check for any upcoming responsibilities you will have to take care of so that you aren’t overwhelmed when they are near!

Tip 4: Mark Your Goals! Another way you can plan ahead is by writing down your goals for the week. Start by making a list of everything you have to accomplish day-by-day and mark them off as you complete them! This will help you stay on track and remain focused during your week back.

Tip 5: Rest up! Whether or not you’ve had a busy spring break, I think it’s imperative for you to get an adequate amount of sleep before your week begins! This may require you to lessen your overall screen time—less social media, television, etc. Doing so will aid you in being well rested so that you can tackle all of your responsibilities with a mind that is calm and clear.

Let’s ease our way into a new week, as best as we can, while keeping stress levels to a minimum! I hope that the tips above aid you in transitioning into a smooth week back and you accomplish all the goals set in place for yourself.

JaQuitta Sophia

Georgia Southern '20

Hi! I'm JaQuitta Sophia and I am a Black, queer non-binary writer who aims to use their passion for writing to uplift, inspire and educate.
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.