kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Easy Recipes for the Girl Who Really Wants To Eat Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

Eating in college is honestly a struggle. You keep telling yourself that you will eat healthy, but somehow your groceries end up being 25% mac n cheese, 50% ramen, and the rest is stuff that will sit in your pantry until God knows when because “you’re saving it for that healthy recipe you saw on Pinterest”. I searched high and low for some easy, delicious recipes that are not only fun to make, but are also cost effective. 

1. Garlic Parmesan Kale Pasta

This recipe is features Kale, which is a dark leafy green that is usually featured in green smoothies. It have a earthy flavor which makes it pair well with with the butter, garlic, and parmesan cheese in this dish. The recipe suggests using whole wheat pasta in place of regular pasta if you’re really trying to manage your health. This was one of my favorite dishes to make because it so versatile. You can virtually add any meats or veggies to it and make it your own. I love to make mine with pork and some tomatoes to mine. Click  here for the full recipe!

2. Baked Zucchini Fries

Baked zucchini fries are a delicious alternative to the regular french fry. This recipe is a great snack to a bunch of and have a healthy snack throughout the week. One of the reasons I really love this recipe is because it is gluten free and vegan. The full recipe can be found here!

3. Sheet Pan Lemon Rosemary Chicken & Potatoes

Sheet Pan dinners are great because you can make an entire meal in one pan! That means easy clean up and lots of food for the next week( kinda like a crock pot meal). What I love about this meal is that it is very fresh and uses ingredients that are easy to come by. It is also a very versatile meal. Sheet pan meals are one of those things your can ‘t really mess up so mix it up and have fun with it! You can find this recipe here!

We hope y’all enjoy theses recipes and if you make one( or all) tag us @hercampusgs so we can show off your cooking skills!

Sidney Taylor-Reynolds

Georgia Southern '20

Sidney Taylor-Reynolds is a writer anc current VP for Her Campus Georgia Southern. She enjoys writing about tips that can help you in all aspects of life. Outside of Her Campus she studies Interior Design at GSU and is also a member of the Atlanta Jamaican Association. Her other passions include drawing and painting, music, and traveling! Follow her on Instagram @sidneylauren  
Jordan Wheeler

Georgia Southern '22

Jordan Wheeler is a Junior Pre-Law Philosophy major who attends Georgia Southern. Jordan loves writing, singing, and hanging out with friends.