7 Trends From College Fashion Week We Can't Wait To Try

Our team had a blast attending College Fashion Week in New York last weekend!  All of the looks gave us some serious inspiration to step up our wardrobe game, and the budget-friendly Primark looks definitely make us feel less guilty about hitting the mall!

1. Velvet

Trends from the 90’s are making a comeback ~in a big way~ and one of our favorites is velvet. From dresses, to shoes, to jewelry there are endless ways to rock this material  around campus this fall.

Via Lust Have App

2. Floral prints

Florals are the perfect way to transition your summery clothes into your fall look. Long, floral dresses are extremely flattering on everyone and a massive trend for fall, no wonder they showed up on the CFW runway three times!

Via Lust Have App

3. Animal Prints

Animal prints are an amazing way to add some color and fun to your look! Leopard print in particular is sure to be a big hit this season, especially after Kate Spade’s recent leopard themed pop-up in New York!

Via Lust Have App

Related: The Best Places to Shop for Feminist Merchandise 

4. Denim-on-Denim

Denim-on-denim was a huge fashion faux pas a few years ago,  but its made a bold comeback and appears to be here to stay! We absolutely love the patched jeans that model Shreya wore down the runway at CFW. Try pairing your denim-on-denim outfit with a cute printed tee underneath!

Via Lust Have App

5. Graphic Tees

A graphic print is a great way to add something fun and personable to your outfit! Not only are they comfy to wear around campus, but they're officially stylish now that they've turned up on runways across the globe. Try pairing one  with a cute pair of pants and some sneakers for a fashionable but functional look!

Via Lust Have App

6. Leather

Leather is one major trend we saw at College Fashion Week. From dresses to jackets there are wo many ways to incorporate this style into your outfit. Mix it up by  wearing it in a statement color like millennial pink!

Via Lust Have App

7. Burgundy

This color is super trendy and the perfect warm color for fall! Whether you go all out--like in the outfit featured below--or just use it to add a pop of color to your outfit, you are sure to get complimented!

Want to see more looks from College Fashion Week? Make sure to check out the Lust Have app from the app store!

About The Author

Hello! My name is Amanda Snead and I am a freshman at George Mason University! My major is communications with a concentration in journalism. I am from Standardsville, Virginia but I am living on campus in Fairfax for school. In my free time I love to travel, write and do photography. I am so excited to be a writer for Her Campus this year and I hope you enjoy my work!