Style > Fashion

Why Law Roach is The A-List Stylist He Is Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The incredibly talented Law Roach is most known for his job as a stylist and image architect. The Chicago native has worked with some of our favorite entertainers transforming them into walking muses. Roach’s clients include Zendaya, Celine Dione, Ariana Grande, Tom Holland, Tracee Ellis Ross, Mary J. Blige and much more incredible talent. Roach started his career as a vintage broker where he collected and curated vintage pieces. 

👗 Related: Related Article: DIVERSITY IN THE ZENDAYA X TOMMY HILFIGER FASHION SHOW

Quickly grabbing the attention of the public, the stylist moved to New York to open his very own boutique titled Deliciously Vintage Harlem. Catching the attention of the legend that is Kanye West, Roach later closed his shop and went to Los Angeles to kickstart his career as a stylist. When you think of Roach it is hard to not think of the incredibly talented actress, singer, and dancer that is Zendaya. Zendaya and Roach are a duo that turns heads every single time they work together. Roach has been working with Zendaya from her days as a Disney actress to her leading role in the HBO show “Euphoria.”

Growing up as a big fan of Zendaya from her days on “Shake It Up,” I was able to witness her growth through her fashion. I without a doubt wanted those knee-high converse as a pre-teen, and as an adult, I wish to be in the breathtaking gowns she wears today! Roach has done an incredible job as Zendaya’s stylist and for her audience. Roach continuously and effortlessly leaves the world with a gasp after witnessing his work. Zendaya and Roach have become such a duo Zendaya has become a staple when it comes to red carpet events. There is anticipation to see what the two crafted next. 

👗 Related: ALL HAIL THE 2021 KING AND QUEEN OF FASHION: TIMOTHÉE CHALAMET AND ZENDAYA

Besides Roach’s ability to wow the people with his clientele on the red carpet, he has quite a few magazine covers under his belt who some may say are simply iconic. These covers have been for Vogue, Elle, Galore, Essence, InStyle, and so many more. My personal favorite currently is Roach’s contribution to Zendaya on the cover of the November/December 2020 issue for Essence magazine. The two showed homage to the first-ever Black supermodel named Donyale Luna. This cover was Essence’s 50th anniversary and what better way to show homage to Black women than recreating a look of the first-ever Black supermodel in the 70s.

Roach’s talent is out of this world and will leave you absolutely astonished. Roach was the creative director for Zendaya’s Tommy X Zendaya fashion line by Tommy Hilfiger and has been seen on “America’s Next Top Model” as a judge. The most recent appearance the stylist has made is on HBO MAX, where he judges the fashion of each contestant. I’m sure there is plenty more to come from Roach, and the world, including myself, will continue to clench our chests in awe of his work. To see some of Roach’s work, you can check out his website

Jalyn Green

George Mason University '22

Jalyn Green is a senior at George Mason University currently studying Communication with a minor in Film. She is a Philly native who enjoys spending time with friends, family, and dogs. She is also very passionate about music and fashion and hopes to become a creative director in the future.