This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

GMU has been my second home for three and a half years… and it is finally time to say goodbye.

I’m going to miss the amount of love and happiness this institution has brought me. I have learned so much about the world and its’ people, but also a lot about myself as well through my time here. Mason is unique in its diversity, faculty, registered student organizations, opportunities and the sense of belonging it instills in its students. This is what I’ll miss about it the most.

Related: The 6 Things I’ll Miss About Oneonta When I Graduate

1. Diversity

According to Niche, Mason is ranked #56 as the most diverse college in America. This year’s incoming freshman class is comprised of 50% minorities. The study body is not only diverse in terms of ethnic and racial background but also age, religious beliefs, intended majors, political stances, opinions, goals and more. Every student brings their own perspective and uniqueness to campus, making GMU a very exciting place to be. Not only did I learn from my professors, but also from all the students around me.

Via George Mason University

2. Faculty

Mason’s faculty is one of the most prestigious across the country. We have professors who are very well established and knowledgeable in their field of study. I have had only positive experiences with my professors throughout these past three and a half years. I have learned so much from these great human beings who have crafted me into the student I am today. The opportunities I have received from them and the words of wisdom they have left me with will live with me forever.

Via George Mason University

3. Extracurricular Activities

During my time at Mason, I was fortunate to be involved in numerous extracurricular activities including HerCampus, Psi Chi, Phi Alpha Delta, Well-Being Street Team, Muslim Student Association, Afghan Student Union, worked as a research assistant for graduate student Daniel Shore in addition to working as a research assistant to former graduate student and current professor at Zayed University in Dubai, Afra Ahmad. I have learned so much from my involvement in all these organizations and I will miss each of them. I will continue to cherish the moments I shared with them for a lifetime!

Via George Mason University

Related: Things I’ll Miss Most About UNIT (and College in General) When I Graduate

4. Endless Opportunities

GMU provides endless opportunities for students to branch out, learn more about the world and be successful. Being in the Washington, D.C. metro area brings its own great advantages, but Mason goes above and beyond to make sure its students are aware of these opportunities. Because of Mason’s connections, many jobs and internships are given top priority to GMU students. I will miss being at a school where it feels as if the world is at your fingertips. There are so many opportunities to do great things and be successful, and Mason’s environment is solely responsible for it.

Via George Mason University

5. Homey Feeling

Inevitably, over the past three and a half years, I have spent most of my time on this campus. It became my second home not only because I was basically here 24/7, instead because Mason gave me that homey feeling. I feel comfortable and safe being here in the same way I feel being at my actual home. Being a homebody, that feeling does not come too often. As I prepare to graduate and leave, I will miss this feeling of comfort and ease that I so greatly appreciated from this place I called home.

Via Word Press

Thank you, Mason. XOXO

Iman Naieem

George Mason University '18

Iman is a DMV native. As a first-generation college student, she is majoring in Industrial Organizational Psychology and minoring in Business at George Mason University. Her dream career consists of being a Labor and Employment attorney. On another note, some of her hobbies include spending time with her family, listening to music, and reading. Some of her passions include promoting well-being, empowering women, and offering support to minorities.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com