This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Almost all women are tired of hearing that runway looks are wearable, aren’t we?! However, Fall 2017 runway looks have turned heads in a way that’s bringing it back to the basics. But who says your makeup looks can only turn heads on the runway though? Girl, let’s turn heads while sitting in class too! These are eight Fall 2017 makeup trends that need to be on your face, now!

Bloody Berry

Via Harper’s Bazaar

This bitten berry lip look is throwing it back to 2011’s staple of a dark wine lipstick. However, 2017 is putting some new spins on the look. Try layering a clear gloss over your berry stain or incorporating a korean trend and apply the stain only to the inner portion of your lips. Both looks will achieve an eerily sexy vamp look.

Via Harper’s Bazaar

High fashion hasn’t stopped with the berry lip this season. Try an edgy smokey eye with a deep berry color and in true 2017 back-to-basics fashion, pair it with a naked or nude lip. To make this look even more wearable, this beat will balance out any neutral outfit.

Smoking Guns

Via Cosmopolitan

Via Harper’s Bazaar

Via Harper’s Bazaar

Gunmetal and gold are in full swing. This heavy eye look is all over the runway this season and we are loving it! Pair your classic black smokey eye with some gold metallic or glittery hues. There are so many ways to incorporate your gold but some of the hottest ways we are loving is applied to the inner corner, over the lid, or for a real statement, blended with a glitter below the sharp wing of your shadow.

Flushed Face

Via Cosmopolitan

Via Cosmopolitan

This trend may be the epitome of the basic makeup look. Another incorporation of the korean makeup trend is to blend a creamy pale rose or peach lip color on the inner lip. Pairing this with a minimal eye gives the effect of a naturally fresh, flushed face.

Via Cosmopolitan

Some are calling this look the triple threat of the season! Along with the gunmetal and gold eye look, this flushed face has been all over the runway. Achieve this look by blending a pale complimentary cream blush on the lips, lids, and artfully blending it from the apples of the cheeks all the way into the hairline. By using the same pale pink and blending the cheek into the eye area, you can get that out-in-the-elements look that so many have been displaying this season!

Minimalist Contrast

Via Cosmopolitan

Contrasting a bright matte lip color against a completely nude face is one of our favorite looks this season. Not only is this look making a beautiful statement, it’s saving us college women some much needed time in the mornings!

Via Cosmopolitan

This eye look may seem a little less wearable than some of the other looks, but hear us out. This look with a little altering can be just as effective in class or out on the town! For a day look try layering a colorful cream shadow or eyeliner over your lid. You can smudge this out slightly within the crease but keeping this color impact on the lid is like a surprise of color with every blink! To bring this look into night you can blend this out over the crease or create some graphic lines that compliment your eye shape like in the images above!

Related: Kristin Brierly: A Fashion Icon

Gloss

Via Cosmopolitan

Everyone’s favorite middle school makeup trend is back in a new way. This ultimate dew is achieved by giving your skin a gloss in all the right places. Try using a bit of face gloss or even vaseline on your cheekbones to achieve this natural but amped up highlight look.

Via Harper’s Bazaar

Gloss on the lid is not a new concept but we are loving it all over again! You can start with a neutral eyeshadow base if preferred and then for a subtle look dab a lip balm on the lid. To amp up the gloss, you can dab on a face gloss, vaseline, or even a traditional glassy lip gloss. No matter what gloss you chose the ultimate secret to a non-sticky look avoid the gloss touching the crease!

Via Good Housekeeping

And a true gloss staple is the traditional lip gloss! Fall 2017 is all about a subtle neutral or clear gloss to highlight those naturally plump lips. Try softening the gloss a little over the lip line for an even more plump look. But be careful of transfer and avoid looking greasy around your mouth!

Feathery Bold Brows

Via Allure

Via Good Housekeeping

Brows are still as bold as ever! Since a couple seasons ago, we have been moving away from the infamous instagram brow; However, this Fall has solidified that it isn’t back any time soon! Use a clear brow wax and spooly brush to brush your hairs upward. Keep them natural and bushy girls!

Related: I Tried It: Eyelash Extensions

Blue Hues

Via Cosmopolitan

Via Cosmopolitan

Via Harper’s Bazaar

Pastel and denim blue hues weren’t left in the 80’s! This fall make a statement by layering a matte blue eyeshadow over the lid. You can leave this unblended for a graphic look or smoke it out for a sultry statement. This look can be paired with a berry, pale or even naked lip in true fashion for this season.

Go make campus your catwalk and strut your stuff with a statement face!

Hannah Mitchell

George Mason University

I'm an junior English major at George Mason University! I am an active sister of Alpha Omicron Pi and love every aspect of my college expierence (even the long nights at the library ;) ). I'm a pro at crafting, love knitting, reading, karaoke, and big city adventuring!
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com