This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

We are two months out from graduation and *suddenly* shit is starting to feel REAL (scary). We are applying to jobs, only to find out there’s maybe three in all of D.C. with liveable salaries. We are choosing grad schools and deciding how much debt we can physically, mentally and emotionally handle. We’ve given up on the idea of having our own place in the city sometime within the next 100 years. But hey we’ve got a good two months to remember why Fairfax is *sometimes* fun, so let’s live out our glory days while we still can.

Upon polling a variety of seniors, this is my last semester bucket list:

In the local area:

1. Hike in Shenandoah National Park

Via virginiashenandoahvalley.com

Less than 2 hours away from GMU, I am mad at myself for not doing this more often. I mean, look at that view!

2. Visit the monuments at night

Via Rebecca Dooley

This is one of my favorite things to do in D.C. You avoid the crowds and sometimes, it’s so quiet, you can hear a pin drop at the Jefferson Memorial. No matter how many times you’ve seen the monuments during the day, visiting them at night gives a whole new perspective on their beauty and power.

3. See the Cherry Blossoms in bloom

Via Rebecca Dooley

This is my all time favorite thing to do in D.C. Yes, it’s crowded and transportation can take a while, but the flowers just add to D.C.’s beauty and bring signs of new life after a cold winter. Stop by the Cherry Blossom Pop-Up Bar while you’re there!

4. Visit every free museum in D.C.

Via People

There are so many free things to do in D.C., which makes it a great place to visit as a college student. The new Obama portraits at the National portrait Gallery are at the top of my list right now!

A little more specific to GMU:

1. Eat in all the dining halls one last time

Via Giphy

College is the only place where is is almost normal to stuff your face on a daily basis. Go ahead, eat everything that gave you the Freshman 15. It won’t be acceptable for much longer.

Related: 4 Ways to Eat the Famous Grilled Chicken at Ike’s

2. Go to one last frat party

Via Giphy

Relive your freshman glory days and stop by your favorite frat house for one final night of bad decisions. It’ll either be epic or it’ll completely suck, but either way, just be sure to bring your besties along for the ride.

3. Visit the GMU Observatory

Via George Mason University

Every other Monday, the College of Science hosts astronomy talks, followed by an hour-long tour of the night sky with the telescope. And it’s free!

4. Run through the North Plaza fountains

Via George Mason University

Could make for a good graduation photo. Sorry, Mom!

May 18th will be here before we know it. In the meantime, let’s make the most of the time left with the people we care about most. Watch out world, we’re comin’ for ya!  

Rebecca Dooley

George Mason University

Rebecca is a senior at George Mason University studying Government & International Politics, Public Policy, and Spanish. At GMU, she is the Healthcare Policy Director with the Roosevelt Institute and recently co-organized the university's first Women's Leadership Conference. After graduation, Rebecca plans to work on a campaign of a pro-choice, Democratic woman and help take back the house! When not writing for Her Campus, she is probably getting her next cup of coffee, talking about feminism, or listening to Sara Bareilles (or all 3 at the same time).
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com