This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

We all love getting mail right? I mean, who doesn’t like opening up a box and finding a bunch of new goodies to try? I know I sure do. So when I opened up my first care package from Her Campus Trendsetters I was super pumped for all the back to school essentials they sent me. I’ll be sharing what they sent me and just why these items are a must-have for this school year.

Related: What to Bring to College

1. Milani Make it Last Matte Setting Spray

So the first essential in this article is going to be the Milani “Make It Last” matte setting spray. This spray is perfect for everyday use because of its long lasting flawless effects. You really just have to spray and then you’re good to go!

Photo via Author

2. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise™ Mascara 

I also received some L’Oreal Paris Lash Paradise™ mascara. This mascara is great for giving you fuller, longer lashes with no clumping, smudging, or flaking. Its super easy to put on and it’s been getting rave reviews from everyone I’ve asked about it. 

Photo via Author

3. Extra Refreshers

The next thing I saw in the care package was a couple packs of Extra Refreshers Gum. I love chewing gum so this was right up my alley. It was also really nice because when you chewed it there was an extra burst of flavor.

Photo via Author

4. Innisfree

I really got excited when I saw this next product because I have really been blowing through my face masks recently, so when they sent me some more I was HYPE. Innisfree included two sheet masks that are perfect for everyday use as well as a jar of their brand new pore clearing clay mask. This mask is designed specifically to remove dead skin cells as well as draw out oils and impurities from your skin. Absolutely perfect for a girls night or just to treat yourself when you’re practicing that self care and de-stressing!

Photo via Author

Related: Ways to Keep Stress and Anxiety at Bay

5. Steripod Kit 

I also received a one year supply of Steripod products that will help protect my toothbrush and razor as well as keep bad breath away! It’s really not just a back to school essential but an everyday essential if you ask me.

Photo via Author

With all of these new products to try I’ll be ready for not only dorm living, but travel, day to day life, and even for some nights out with the girls! Make sure to check out some of these awesome products so you’ll be ready for anything too!

Via Giphy

Jordan Lear

George Mason University '22

Jordan is a senior at George Mason University. She's pursuing a degree in Communication with a concentration in Media Production and Criticism and a minor in Film and Media Studies. Jordan loves to hang out with her friends and try to make them laugh. She's pretty outgoing and will totally talk your ear off if you mention one of her many random obsessions.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com