This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

With what seems like every company releasing a streaming service, Apple has jumped on the bandwagon with Apple TV+ on November 1. The best part is that if you’re currently paying for Apple Music as a student, you can get your subscription to Apple TV+ for free!

Since I was able to get free access on the release date, I immediately started checking out the original shows: “The Morning Show,” “Dickinson,” and “See.” Most of the shows on Apple TV+ are being released once a week, on Friday. So, I was able to download the first few episodes onto my phone and watched them during my commute every day. These are my initial thoughts after watching each one. 

Related: Everything You Need To Know About Disney+

The Morning Show 

This was the most advertised show for Apply TV+, with a star-filled cast including Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Steve Carell. The show is focused around a morning talk show in New York City and all of the drama that comes along with it. “The Morning Show” follows the storyline of Alex and Mitch, morning talk show cohosts. Everything starts to fall apart when Mitch has a sexual harassment scandal come to light (Basically the story of Matt Lauer.) He is kicked off the show and they are forced to find a new cohost. When I first started watching this show, I was immediately drawn to the acting of the main characters. I recently discovered my love for Reese Witherspoon while watching “Big Little Lies,” and she did not let down in “The Morning Show.” Jennifer Anniston has also done a phenomenal job since reigniting her TV acting career. The storyline of the show is a little dry, but the acting is what really makes the show worth watching. 

Overall Rating: 7/10

Dickinson

Following the real-life story of Emily Dickinson, a famous poet from the 1800s, “Dickinson” is a captivating coming-of-age tale. The show revolves around the life and romance that Emily, played by Hailee Steinfeld, faces on a normal basis. She lives in her parents’ house in Massachusetts and detests the role in life she is expected to take on as a woman. Emily is constantly seeking adventure with her siblings Austin and Lavinia, her lover Sue, and her friend George. This is the only Apple TV+ show that has the entire first season released and the episodes are only half an hour long. Though I haven’t watched all of the episodes yet, it is one of my favorite shows at the moment. Combining modern-day themes, humor, an amazing sound score, written poetry, and a great cast, it is not a show to miss.

Overall Rating: 9/10

See

When I saw the show “See” listed in the Apple TV+ lineup, I knew nothing about it besides that Jason Momoa was starring in it. The show takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where humans no longer have the sense of sight. The main characters live in the Alkenny Village and their world is turned upside down when two children are born with the ability to see. While watching this, I was very intrigued. It offers a different perspective of the world concerning as fundamental as seeing, which most people take for granted. I’m only one episode in, but I’m eager to see where else the story will go. “See” is a unique watch if you’re interested in seeing it.

Overall Rating: 6/10

If you’re interested in Apple TV+ collegiettes, I would highly suggest starting a free trial or using free access with your student account. The options are fairly limited since it’s a new service, but the current selection is phenomenal and more content is likely to be released soon!

Sarah Larios

George Mason University '21

Sarah is a Senior at George Mason University where she is majoring in Global Affairs with a concentration in Media, Communication, & Culture. She is the Editor-in-Chief and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at George Mason, previously serving as the Senior Editor and Marketing & Publicity Director. When she’s not editing articles, she can be found working as a Communications Intern, hiking in Shenandoah National Park, playing with makeup, or spending time with her husband.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com