This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Despite the fact that the weather has been all over the place, Spring is here! And Washington D.C. has lots of fun events you can go to with friends and family. From the cherry blossoms to beer, there is something for everyone.

1. Cherry Blossom festival

This event started March 23rd and continues through April 14th so there is plenty of time to get out and enjoy it! There is a different event happening each day, including a kite festival, a parade and more!Via CherryBlossomWatch.com

2. Spring Flower Mart at the National Cathedral

This event takes place on May 4th and 5th outside of the National Cathedral. You can shop for plants and flowers among other activities such as a carousel and a climb to the top of the Cathedral.

Via Eventbrite

Related: 5 Ways to Avoid Burnout at the End of Second Semester

3. Smithsonian Jazz Appreciation Month

All throughout April, there will be various concerts and other events to celebrate Jazz Appreciation Month. This event was started in 2001 at the National Museum of American History and has continued yearly because of its popularity. A list of events can be found here.

Via Smithsonian

4. DC Beer Festival

Looking for a more adult event? Try the DC Beer Festival on April 21 at the Nationals Park! Get unlimited tastings of craft beers from the DMV area and all across the country!

Via DC Beer Festival

5. Smithsonian Craft Show

The Smithsonian Women’s Committee will be hosting its annual craft show April 26-29. Admission is $20 and proceeds help benefit the Smithsonian museums, the National Zoo and more.

Via Blogspot

6. National Harbor Food and Wine Festival

Yet another boozy event for all of my wine lovers out there! This event will have tastings and pairings of wine and other beverages from all over. There will also be live music, food trucks and much more!Via welovedc.com

Happy spring, collegiettes! Remember to take a break from studying to relax and check out one (or more) of these events!

Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com