This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

We’ve only been back in classes for a few weeks but I think it’s safe to say we’re all ready for a break. Here are 6 signs that you can’t wait for break to come around.

1. You are literally counting down the days until you get to head out

“Okay, so I’m leaving campus on the 9th at 4:00, which means I only have X days and X hours to go!”

Via Giphy

2. You and your squad have been planning a trip for months

Spring break is a time to relax with friends doing something other than sitting in the library and attempting to study for your bio exam together.

Via Giphy

Related: The Broke Girl Spring Break Guide: 5 Things to Do on a Budget

3. Even if you don’t have a trip planned, you’re excited to go home for the week to see your friends, family and most importantly, your pets

One of the hardest parts about college, for me at least, is knowing that my pets don’t understand why I am leaving them for weeks at a time.

Via Giphy

4. It is taking all of your strength to get out of bed and bother to go to class

Sure, your geology professor doesn’t take attendance but you’re also not trying to miss any important information and fail your midterm right before break. (Actual footage of your roommate attempting to wake you up shown below)

Via Giphy

5. Your phone is blowing up with calls from your parents telling you how excited they are to see you or to be careful and not drink too much when you’re on vacay

“Yes mom, I know I’m a lightweight, stop reminding me!”

Via Giphy

6. Most importantly, you know that spring break means we are halfway through the semester and even closer to summer break!

Via Giphy

Good luck on your midterms and have a fabulous spring break!

Amanda Snead

George Mason University '21

Amanda is a senior at George Mason where she is majoring in Communication with a concentration in journalism and minoring in women and gender studies. She currently serves as Her Campus George Mason's president and Campus Correspondent. She has previously served as the Editor in Cheif and Senior Editor. Additionally, she worked as a Branded Content Intern for Her Campus nationally as well as a Chapter Advisor. She spends her free time writing articles, perfecting her Animal Crossing island and hanging out with her pets.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com