This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I have been in a major reading slump since the start of the semester. How have I been trying to get out of it? By looking at some of the awesome books set to be released this year! Here’s a list of six new releases I’m looking forward to in 2022!

1. “A Little bit country” by Brian D. Kennedy

Wanting to be the biggest gay superstar in country music is a challenge for Emmett Maguire as he’s a teenager living in Chicago. He jumps at the chance to stay with his aunt in Tennessee, where he’s able to perform at Wanda World, an amusement park owned by country music legend Wanda Jean Stubbs. Even though he hates country music and comes from a family wronged by Wanda, Luke Barnes takes a job at Wanda World to help his family. The two boys meet, and a romance sparks.

“A Little Bit Country” will be released on May 31. 

2. “Carrie soto is back” by Taylor jenkins Reid

This novel follows Carrie Soto, a character from Taylor Jenkins Reid’s “Malibu Rising,” one of my most anticipated reads from last year. In “Carrie Soto Is Back,” the titular retired tennis player is one of the world’s best. That is until Nicki Chan steps onto the scene to break Carrie’s record. To ensure she stays on top, Carrie comes out of retirement to claim back her record, no matter what it takes. 

“Carrie Soto Is Back” will be released on August 30.

3. “Nothing more to tell” by Karen M. mcmanus

Karen M. McManus is truly the author that never sleeps, as she is releasing her sixth book in six years. Her latest novel follows Brynn, who is determined to solve the murder of her favorite teacher at her former private school that went cold four years ago. As she works to uncover the hidden secrets of the murder, she realizes that the further she goes to find the truth, the more upside her life will turn.  

“Nothing More to Tell” will be released on August 30. 

4. “dark room etiquette” by robin roe

Robin Roe is back with a new novel that promises to be as heartbreaking as her other work, “A List of Cages.” Sayers Wayte’s life seems to be perfect until he is abducted. Sayers learns to survive by filling the role his abductor wants him to. The longer he spends in this new life, the more he worries that he won’t be able to make it out as the same person he was when he was taken.

“Dark Room Etiquette” will be released on October 11. 

5. “never ever getting back together” by sophie gonzales

Sophie Gonzales’ next novel tells the story of Maya, who has the opportunity to compete on the reality show “Second Chance Romance.” The only problem is that this show centers around her royal ex-boyfriend Jordy while he re-dates his former flames. Maya agrees to go on the show so she can get her revenge on her cheating ex, only to find herself living with Skye, the girl he cheated on her with. As Maya and Skye grow close, they realize that they might be able to take Jordy down together.  

“Never Ever Getting Back Together” will be released on December 6. 

6. “A million to one” by Adiba jaigirdar

Josefa, Emilie, Hinnah, and Violet are four opposites with the same goal: stealing a jewel-encrusted book from the Titanic. Their heist proves to be more complicated than they ever imagined as their pasts come back to haunt them and their presence threatens to change everything.

“A Million to One” will be released on December 13.

There you have it. Hopefully this list has inspired you to add some of these books to your TBR!

Nickie Johnson

George Mason University '22

Nickie Johnson is a senior at George Mason. She is majoring in history and hopes to one day become a school librarian. This is her third year writing for Her Campus, and she has loved every minute of it! She is involved in GMU's Honors College and the George Mason Chapter of Educators Rising Collegiate. In addition to writing, Nickie loves watching movies and reality television, performing showtunes in the mirror, and reading.