samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Hidden Study Spots On Campus for Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The dreaded finals are on the horizon and that means it’s time to put your hair in a bun, get some coffee and start the grind. If you’re anything like me, you need a constant change of scenery to focus. At this point in the semester, most students are tired of Fenwick or the Johnson Center. If this relates to you, no worries! Here are some other options for your studying locations:

1. The Ridge

The Ridge is a hidden spot on campus that not many people take advantage of. The place has sofas, tables and is relatively quiet, AKA the perfect spot to sit with your coffee and get your work done. It is located next to Blue Ridge Residential hall (the same walkway as Dunkin’ so you can grab a large iced coffee on your way!).

Via George Mason University

2. Student Involvement

The Student Involvement office in the Hub is a fantastic place to study because while there are people always coming in and out, it is usually quiet. If you like to study with people around, this is the perfect place! In addition, there are large tables so you can spread all of your planners and textbooks in peace!

Via George Mason University

3. Exploratory Hall

Exploratory Hall is utilized primarily for science classes and labs. However, it is also a great study spot! There are tables and quite places all over the building! Since not many people use the building for studying purposes, you can almost always find a place to sit! It is located between the Hub and JC and there is also an entrance past Planetary!

Via PerkinsWill

4. Hanover

Hanover is mainly known for its kitchen and classes downstairs, but it has so much more to offer! The doors are unlocked during the day, so make use of its large tables and the multipurpose lounge! The lounge is on the left when you first walk in and it has a ton of seating area including sofas and comfy chairs! Hanover is located behind the residential halls behind Southside!

Via VMDO Architects

Related: How to Have a Healthy Finals Week

5. Peterson Hall

Peterson is the newest building on campus and, in my opinion, the most aesthetically pleasing. The cute furniture automatically puts me in a good mood and makes me want to study! It is also usually pretty easy to find a spot to study, especially during early mornings or later at night!

Via Fourth Estate

Some other spots that did not make it to the top 5 include: The Mix (next to Fenwick), Innovation, Volgenau Engineering building, bottom floor of Johnson Center.

No matter where you decide to study, make sure it is a place where you feel happy to work and will keep you in a good mood! The campus is filled with hidden gems for study areas, go forth and explore! But make sure you decide on your study spot soon, the finals are upon us. Good luck and study hard, collegiettes!

Shabrina Parikh

George Mason University '21

Hi! My name is Shabrina, and I am a senior majoring in Information Systems and Operations Management. When I am not busy in my RA role, you can find me giving campus tours. I aspire to one day change the world with my words, and make a difference in my own little way.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com