This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

Thanksgiving break. A time to travel home to see loved ones and cozy up next to a warm fire, sipping hot cocoa that your mom has insisted on making you every morning because she has missed you so much. There is so much warmth surrounding this holiday and the people you get to spend time with. It is as if you are wrapped up in a cozy blanket, getting ready to hibernate until January. Just when you have reached this moment of Zen, your phone gets a notification for your flight home in just a few days. Stress, anxiety, and confusion flood in as you remember there are still 2 weeks left in the school year. Suddenly, taking a true break from homework seems like a mistake. There are so many tests and projects crammed into two weeks and it is starting to seem impossible to get it all done. Jumping back into finals week after Thanksgiving break never ceases to feel like jumping into a cold pool in the middle of winter. It gives you an adrenaline rush filled with stress, but by the time you understand what is happening, it is already time to pack up your bags again for winter break. Today I want to take a moment to remind you that it is going to be okay. Here are my tips to staying sane during finals week. 

Use a Planner

Even if you are not someone who regularly uses a planner, it is necessary to have some sort of written out plan for the semester. Even if it is on a piece of paper or the notepad on your phone. Make a list that organizes each day with what is due and what needs to get done. This is the end of the semester, so there is no time for any assignment to go unnoticed. 

Schedule out your homework time and allow breaks to spend with friends.

https://thefinancialdiet.com/how-started-using-a-planner-for-literally-everything/

Spend your time well

This time of year, we slowly see ourselves and other people become less human. Coffee pumps through our bloodstream and dark circles are an everyday look. It is easy to want to spend every waking minute on homework, but you do not have to. These two weeks are the last time you are going to see your friends for almost a month. Schedule out your homework time and allow breaks to spend with friends. Doing this will allow you to not be running on empty and be able to focus on your homework when it is time to. 

Take care of yourself

Allow yourself time to take care of you. Whether that is time alone or recharging with people, do it. Buy yourself a face mask, go to bed a little earlier, take yourself out to coffee. These small moments are so valuable during a stressful week. It is also important to take care of your body as well. Be sure to eat three meals a day and drink lots of water. These tips seem simple, but it is easy to let self-care go on the back burner. 

Allow yourself time to take care of you.

http://www.mylittlesecrets.ca/beauty-self-care-sunday-with-aveeno-ultra-calming/

Even though this is a high-stress time, it is important to set yourself up in the best way possible. Life will not be perfect in the next two weeks, but it is important to give yourself grace. Do not lose yourself in the stress. You got this babe. 

Tatum is currently a Sophomore at GCU studying Graphic Design and Advertising. As a native to Arizona she loves being a part of the Phoenix community. She is passionate about writing, design, friendship, and a really good cup of coffee.
A sophomore Communications major at GCU who is passionate about Jesus, writing, watching Netflix, and taking long walks to the campus Chick-Fil-A.